Templeton

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
colacao

Re: Templeton

Post by colacao »

Templeton is unique to me. I'm a big fan and I disagree with another artist continue their stories would be a monstrosity. I would like to return and was he who could make the sequels of their comics, because if another artist would not do the same, there would be nothing like the art of Templeton. For over 14 months since your last comic, and I think I will be rested enough to go back to drawing and writing these fantastic stories.
Do you have news that will come back soon, Nuria?
My favorites are sequels, Evil Crew 1 and 2, Castaways, African Horror ......... among others. :)
Lostboy

Post by Lostboy »

If Templeton is coming back then i say wait for him. If not give the sequels to another artist like Fernando, Predondo or Kitty Hand.
comicglutton

Post by comicglutton »

Of course, I agree that if Templeton is planning to return then it would be sensible to give the sequels to him. If not, then it would be a shame for the sequels not to see the light of day through being too choosy about the artist. Nuria's 'Woman Hunt' has been done very well by both Fernando and Moffett. I'm sure there are other artists at dofantasy capable of doing a great job of any prospective Templeton sequels. ;)
Aldranar

Post by Aldranar »

Well, the thing is, we just don't know wether he's coming back or why he stopped drawing at all.
If there is even a small chance he'd come back, I'd say let him do the sequels (or any other comic he likes to draw).
If however there's no chance that he's coming back, then it would be a waste to not draw the sequel, so then it would be okay by me.
OnlyInMyImagination

Post by OnlyInMyImagination »

Yeah, Templeton's stories need to live on (snatched model and castaways to name my two favorites).
ernestgreene

Post by ernestgreene »

There is no replacement for Templeton. Handing his stories and characters over to another artist would be sacrilege.
Aldranar

Post by Aldranar »

After some more thinking, I do agree that his stories shouldn't be taken over, even though how much I regret it....
Bruce75

Post by Bruce75 »

I love his art though. It's not as rough looking as some others,but not too cartoonish either. He's my favorite artist.
rtw

Post by rtw »

I agree with ernestgreene that Templeton is unique. The beauty and care that he's put into his work, and not to mention consistency, is unparalleled.

It would be a huge let-down to have someone else, however talented, to do Templeton's sequels. It will not live up to expectations, and it will damage Fansadox's image (going more for the money than the art), the artist's reputation (who has to unfairly match up to such an impossibly high standard), as well as Templeton's legacy.

If you must, I'd humbly suggest, don't do a sequel. Just do a new, slightly different story.
surferchick

Post by surferchick »

Better to ask the question here.....
Does anyone here hav contact to Templeton? Any news ..or we all only know that he is having a break... Nuria?