Sucker Punch

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
Sandow

Sucker Punch

Post by Sandow »

Did anyone else see Sucker Punch and start thinking that some of the outfits and scenes were modeled after Fernando and Cagri stories? Heck, even the last shot of the heroine getting strapped into the chair could have been lifted right from Erenisch. Was it just me who noticed that?
Casotto

Re: Sucker Punch

Post by Casotto »

I think the movie is just trying to capture the whole slutty-looking, ass-kicking, gun-toting, young hot chick style of contemporary videogames and Japanese animation. I think the movie gathered in one story all the things that would appeal to horny young men.

But it'd be great if Zack Snyder were a fan of Fansadox :D
My New Blog: Comixxx Extreme
Boundsiera

Post by Boundsiera »

I really need to get out and see that one. I had family in town over the weekend and couldn't made it out. I've been pretty happy with Snyder's work so far and am really curious to see how he handles the Superman fanchise.
comicsuperfan

Post by comicsuperfan »

Nice film and nice playing, but a sad example of what a director is forced to do to avoid getting his film banned. :x
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

Brenda and I both need to go see this..when she saw the trailer, she said "Looks like you designed this!" Hot girls and lots of guns, vintage warplanes, etc....yes, it's for me!
Marty17

Post by Marty17 »

Same here, but I'm pretty sure ending up seeing it on DVD/Blu-Ray release.
Sandow

Post by Sandow »

Nice film and nice playing, but a sad example of what a director is forced to do to avoid getting his film banned.
comicsuperfan, it's funny that you should mention that because it wasn't until after seeing the film I realized that there wasn't any blood in it (tiny bit, but negligable), no nudity and no hard language. Yeah, I wish the director had thrown in the towl, gone for the "R" rating and made a truly epic film instead.

But a fun ride all the same.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

When you are risking other people's 100 million bucks, it's hard to be independant artistically. No director can self finance and be free in this environment unless he wants to make little $50K "Art Films" and live in his car. Snyder took a lot of flak over all the blood in "300", only thing that saved him was the massive hit that movie was, but I'm sure he's had to make a lot of promises to producers because of that.
ernestgreene

Post by ernestgreene »

With theatrical film these days it's pretty much a matter of numbers. They've gotten to be so expensive to make, as Roberts points out, it's about 100 million dollar bet every time these days, and to come out on that kind of investment you need to fill the seats with every possible ticket-buyer. That means, and it's often in directors' contracts these days, delivering a cut that's no harder than PG-13, particular because teenagers are a huge audience share here.

I don't expect to see any big-budget Hollywood films rated R even in the future. It's too big a financial gamble.

The edgier, more adult stuff is actually being done on cable TV, where the price of entry is lower and you don't need such a huge audience to make some money. Check out Spartacus - Blood and Sand if it's playing on a cable service near you. Full of sex (some of it pretty hot) and violence. You'd never get that made as theatrical film in the current environment.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

My fave is still the first season of "Californication"...the show toned it down second season (and it was a pity too)..right out of the gate, Hank Moody, eternally drunk writer lookin for a hook up, gets it on with an underage girl who has to beat her sex partner in the face with her fists while f@cking to orgasm. Meanwhile, his publisher is having a torrid BDSM Master-Slave affair with his Suicide Girl secretary, and his Ex is about to marry some rich guy who turns out to be the horny teen face punch freaks' Dad...that first season is priceless.