Is liking this kind of stuff morally wrong?

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
Forgiveness

Is liking this kind of stuff morally wrong?

Post by Forgiveness »

I've been wondering. Obviously this is very degrading to women, and obviously we don't seek this in reality. But is mentally finding this enjoyable wrong on any level? Will this change our view of women in real life? I still support DOF, but I can't help but thinking about the moral aspect of this. I would love to hear some of your opinions and ,if possible, the opinions of some authors.
comicglutton

Re: Is liking this kind of stuff morally wrong?

Post by comicglutton »

No, I don't believe it is morally wrong. Genocide is morally wrong, war is morally wrong, ....having a fantasy is NOT morally wrong.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

This is no more or less morally wrong than enjoying a war movie, or a horror movie.
ernestgreene

Post by ernestgreene »

There are no wrong thoughts, only wrong actions. For as long as fantasies remain fantasies, they simply provide a refuge from reality in the minds of readers, harming no one.

Fictional entertainment dating to the time of Greek drama has used the same elements as DOF comics to create what are now considered great works of art. Nothing you see here is as brutal as Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus, which is taught in university literature courses.

It's human nature to be fascinated with moral transgression. For as long as that fascination is limited to the mind, it poses no threat to anyone and constitutes no cause for shame.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

Define morality. All morality is transient, and relative to whatever "judge" presides over the festivities.
I know this internal struggle very well though, I fought with this for a very long time..having been raised by grandparents who were as Deep South Baptist Redneck as anyone could be..My Inner Demons were the source of much chastisement and scorn in my youth, because I have been able to draw and express myself on paper my entire life..and I did. A lot. So the issue of Christian Guilt plagued my early years.
Of course then I learned the horrid truth of the world and of those who would judge me...That any pretense of "morality" worn by my overlords were hipocritical at best..downright contrived and manipulative in fact. Once I embraced the heritage of my Native ancestors (which was denied during my upbringing), rejected and renounced the Death Cult called Christianity, and through much meditation, drawing, and contact with like minded connoiseurs of the finer exquisite pleasures of the human sexual imagination, I embraced the Darkness and in fact, now Celebrate it with enthusiasm. Freedom is quite exhilliarating, and I recommend it highly. Do what thou Will, but HARM NO ONE.
Have no guilt my friends. We are simply PLAYING. Letting our minds take us where we dare not go in the flesh. No "moralities" are being violated here, at least not any possessed of any level of legitimacy...
Forgiveness

Post by Forgiveness »

Wow amazing posts guys. Thank you.

P.S. ROBERTS: yeah I was raised in a Christian family as well, hence my inner struggles when it comes to this.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

This thread is actually a good example of the weird hypocrisy that exists in modern day, mainstream culture. It's perfectly fine to turn a terrible crime like murder into light entertainment (see all of the CSI spin-offs and the countless other police procedurals that use that crime week-in, week-out in their plots). But don't you dare to do the same with anything even remotely linked to sex or sexuality! :roll:
ifob8

Post by ifob8 »

never will people tell me what I have the right to think. As long as it is kept in my mind, it is my full possession, my full right to think whatever I want.
Life is a party
CHF

Post by CHF »

Demosthenes wrote:This thread is actually a good example of the weird hypocrisy that exists in modern day, mainstream culture. It's perfectly fine to turn a terrible crime like murder into light entertainment (see all of the CSI spin-offs and the countless other police procedurals that use that crime week-in, week-out in their plots). But don't you dare to do the same with anything even remotely linked to sex or sexuality! :roll:
This is a predominantly American phenomenon. In European countries it's the other way around: sex is less censored than violence. If you turn on the TV at night, you'll see very risque ads that you wouldn't see even on cable TV in the US.

And that's the way it should be. Sex is healthy, violence is not.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

Wellllll..........I have opinions of course.....
Human beings are simply what they are. We are over 100,000 years as homo sapiens (probably MUCH longer, but alas Science has opinions too) and only recently..VERY recently in relative historical terms..have we been what could be called "civilized"..attempting at least to get some cooperation and order among the various competing warring tribes. I feel we are failing miserably BTW..
Sex is a powerful drive..a force of Nature. it has not been a pretty thing throughout most of history, and the excesses and abuses of Men, especially the wealthy and powerful, are well known to those who care to study REAL history instead of the PC / Safe version..
We are amateurs here..lightweights. We're looking at cartoons. I'm drawing pictures. This couldn't be more harmless, relative to what real evil men are doing to real girls all over the world, even in America, AS WE SPEAK. The lifestyles of certain rich and powerful men, some well known leaders in our present day in fact, would truly shock and amaze you. But know this: Right now, this second, there are real sex slaves. Real girls in cells and prisons and locked in chains. There are real maniacs doing things which I wouldn't dare draw. This is reality, that reality is FAR worse than any silly sex fantasy I create for my and your sexual entertainment.