Babysitting horror games by Moffett

General discussion on DOFANTASY.COM comics
Demosthenes

Babysitting horror games by Moffett

Post by Demosthenes »

I want to start out by saying that I'm a big fan of Moffett, after Fernando he is my second favorite DF artist.

I enjoyed "babysitting..." for the most part, both in concept, basic plot and the art. But there was one thing that somewhat annoyed me, and that was the dwarf brother having a comically over-sized cock. It made some of the action more comical than arousing. In "realistic" modern settings, I prefer the characters to have believable physiques. The over-sized little man just took away a little bit from the overall enjoyment of what was otherwise a very good comic.

Things like that can fit very well into some settings (like the creatures with the two cocks in Fernando's "Space Pirates"), but in settings that are supposed to be more "real-world", they stand out negatively imho.

Thoughts? Agree, disagree? :)
felischaus

Re: Babysitting horror games by Moffett

Post by felischaus »

Demosthenes wrote:I want to start out by saying that I'm a big fan of Moffett, after Fernando he is my second favorite DF artist.

I enjoyed "babysitting..." for the most part, both in concept, basic plot and the art. But there was one thing that somewhat annoyed me, and that was the dwarf brother having a comically over-sized cock. It made some of the action more comical than arousing. In "realistic" modern settings, I prefer the characters to have believable physiques. The over-sized little man just took away a little bit from the overall enjoyment of what was otherwise a very good comic.

Things like that can fit very well into some settings (like the creatures with the two cocks in Fernando's "Space Pirates"), but in settings that are supposed to be more "real-world", they stand out negatively imho.

Thoughts? Agree, disagree? :)
Agree, 100%.
ernestgreene

Post by ernestgreene »

My feeling as well. Fantasy is one thing. Realism another. They don't often mix well.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I do have to compliment Moffett on his use of costumes and attires, I enjoyed both the denim shorts and tied up blouse the girl had on in the beginning as well as the little number she was forced to wear at the end.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Nuria: is there any chance Moffett will ever do a sequel to Deadly Platform. I know I'm not the only one who is curious to know what happened next...