Lesbi Leih

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
Casanova

Lesbi Leih

Post by Casanova »

Will there be a follow up comic to Stripper or Sweet Revenge ?
Casanova

Re: Lesbi Leih

Post by Casanova »

Ok, I'll take that as no then :(
Nuria

Post by Nuria »

Lesbi is working (for years I think) on a Pirates' comic. She's progressing very slowly :oops:
Casotto

Post by Casotto »

Any news about Lesbi's comix?
My New Blog: Comixxx Extreme
Casotto

Post by Casotto »

Lesbi hasn't released a new comix in a long time. Does she still work with Fansadox? I really miss her stuff :(
Casotto

Post by Casotto »

Any news of Lesbi?
Bego

Post by Bego »

No news.... :( :(
Thon

Post by Thon »

To bad. Liked the work.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

Lesbi Leih has a fairly "labor intensive" art style..which means, it probably takes a fairly long time to complete a single illustration, and a whole page? Who knows, days?
Why is this relevant?
Because the rent must be paid and food must be in the refrigerator. The business model of producing income purely based on PDF comics sales doesn't fill that need very well unless you can complete a whole comic every month to two months...continually. Guys like Fernando seem to have figured out a method where he can do it and not go insane or drop dead from overwork..and of course the artwork must be tailored to fit the schedule..get too complex or detailed and you lose your schedule completely, get way behind, and don't get paid for awhile. Generally a BAD thing.
It's why I don't follow that business model. I have children to house and feed back in the US, which is quite expensive and requires monthly outlay of cash, quite a bit of cash. I need paysites, Magazines, licensing deals, rev sharing, banner trades and ads, and the occasional PDF to keep up. If all I had available to me was PDF sales, I would not be drawing sex comics anymore...I would have to quit DoFantasy immediately and pursue other commercial art fields. That's just reality. One or two PDF releases a year wouldn't buy me new socks for christmas, and my children would live in the street. Some of us care so much about our art, and the look and style of our art (Ferres comes to mind immediately) that we just spend WAY too much time on each illustration. Looking at Lesbi Leih artwork, I can see a lot of time in that. A LOT of time.
Thon

Post by Thon »

Well, you're all different. In style, and production rate. Might go hand in hand, but frankly it doesn't cross my mind as a fan/customer how labour intensive the artwork is. If I like it I buy it. And I'm mostly happy and content with what I get (unless it goes to long without a fix..eh.. comic from Fernando or Erenisch). Most of us posting things like this is only expressing a liking of the artwork, and it's meant as an encouragement, not pressure.