Who out there reads all the dialogue?

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
Sarenaph

Re: Who out there reads all the dialogue?

Post by Sarenaph »

Always fully read them, but I'll admit to a skim read the first time through and letting the illustrations tell the tale.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I read all the dialogue. But I have to admit that some comics have better dialogue than others.
Aldranar

Post by Aldranar »

The first few times, mostly the drawings itself.
After those first few initial times, I really start focussing on the dailogues and the stories and discover it's even better :D
colacao

Post by colacao »

Although my native language is not English, I know pretty well this language and I read the comics from start to finish.
I do not understand as you can see only the pictures, not reading the dialogue.
Casotto

Post by Casotto »

Sometimes I read, sometimes I don't; it depends on whether or not the story grabs me in the first pages.
My New Blog: Comixxx Extreme
Boundsiera

Post by Boundsiera »

As a writer myself, I always read the dialogue, be it my first time thru or my forth or fifth time. I like getting drawn into the story and find myself caring more about the characters than I would by simply just turning to a specific page.

Now don't get me wrong, there are times I open up a story to read knowing "oh yeah...I can't wait to get to that one scene". And perhaps I read a bit faster getting to those parts (having known the story already)...but I do find myself reading the dialogue pretty much all the time.

I'll put up with less than spectacular art in a comic if the story is great.
ernestgreene

Post by ernestgreene »

Depends on the dialogue. I always look at the art, but if the dialog is too repetitive I tend to skip over it. If it helps tell an interesting story than, obviously, it gets my attention.
Boundsiera

Post by Boundsiera »

hansmoleman wrote:Also, very cool you are a writer yourself? What kind of work do you write?
Mostly action/adventure short stories. Dabbling a little in sci fi. And of course a bit of erotica. Couple of short stories published up on some websites. Wrote a bit of fan fiction based off a video game too.
OnlyInMyImagination

Post by OnlyInMyImagination »

I always read the dialogue,it gives the comic much more depth and feel.I admire the art and at the same time I admire reading and thinking about the situation the captive character is in and the intent of the one doing the fun stuff :D
ernestgreene

Post by ernestgreene »

I like the thought balloons from inside the girl's heads, which give us some sense of their personalities. The guys' dialog tends to get predictable.