Requesting Permission for Superheroine Fansadox Fanarts

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
Dr.Villain

Requesting Permission for Superheroine Fansadox Fanarts

Post by Dr.Villain »

Hello all, my name's Dr. Villain, or 'Doc' for short.
I've been a fan of Fansadox comics for years now, and I also like to visit this forum once in a while, but this is the first time I actually joined.

Aside from reading about sexy girls in bdsm comics, I also like sexy comic superheroines, especially Supergirl. So I thought, why not combine the two? Therefore, I like to make bdsm superheroine fanarts by using Fansadox pages for their base. Usually I keep them all for myself, but seeing a lot of 'Superheroine in Peril' fans out there, I opened a DeviantArt account a week ago to show my fanarts (since that's where Cagri and Ferres show off their works as well), and they're pretty popular with those who shared the same kinks as me.

Here are a few examples of my works:

You can see them all at my DeviantArt page: http://drvillain.deviantart.com

Please note that I always admit that those drawings are not originally made by me, and I always give credit to the original artists in the description, comments and even my bio.

If you wonder why I usually remove the name of the artist, the website or the title from the pictures themselves, it's simply because most of the time I thought they're distracting and took the focus away from what is actually happening in the picture (they're originally made for my personal use afterall). Not every mainstream comic stuff and their manip fanarts have everything stamped with 'DC Comics' or 'Frank Miller' in every piece associated with them anyway, so I thought that's okay. And I still give credit in every description as well.

However, a kind fellow DA member named Heiros just pointed out to me that I actually need a direct permission from the owner of the original pictures before I can publish them in DA, which is why I post this here right now. I didn't thought of it before because I saw a lot of other fanarts using existing works over there without actually using any permissions, and I see that this is a common practice among Superheroine manip enthusiasts like myself, so I thought it's okay as long as I always give credit to the original artists. It turns out that it's not allowed in DA.

I wonder if Templeton, Fernando, Moffett, Nuria and others are okay with me doing my bdsm superheroine stuff with their works and publishing it in DeviantArt, which in my point of view is actually helping promoting your products to both the erotic and mainstream comic fans.

I'm a big fan of Fansadox artists and I respect them all for their talents. Obviously I don't want to be a pain in the ass if any of you don't like what I'm doing. So, is it okay for you guys and girls with me showing bdsm superheroines stuff by using your works as their base?

If the artists don't like it, I will take every Fansadox-related fanart down from my DeviantArt page immediately, and I will keep this hobby to myself from now on. If it's okay, then please give me a permission to continue what I'm doing.

I hope that'd be fair and square for everyone involved in these great drawings.
Keep on making great comics!

With love and respect,
Dr. Villain
The Master of Superheroines in Peril!
http://drvillain.deviantart.com
Nuria

Re: Requesting Permission for Superheroine Fansadox Fanarts

Post by Nuria »

mmmmm... you say:

"Which in my point of view is actually helping promoting your products to both the erotic and mainstream comic fans."

Just a simple question it occurs to me... where are the author and publisher notices of the original drawings shown? Where's the name of the artist and the dofantasy.com notice?

Please add them or I have to ask you to keep keeping them for your private use. Thanks fro asking.
Dr.Villain

Post by Dr.Villain »

Thank you for your response, Nuria :)

In my DeviantArt pages, here's what I always wrote in their description, right below the pictures:
Edited from original artwork made by Templeton of Fansadox / DoFantasy Comics
Supergirl and Darkseid are characters owned by DC Comics
This non-profit fan artwork is edited by Dr. Villain
Of course, the name of the artist listed depends on respective pictures.

You can see that description if you open the pictures from my DA page. I only linked the pictures alone in my post above because they're all filtered as mature content, and I don't think they can be viewed by non DA members.

But if you want me to put the artists name and dofantasy.com on the pictures themselves, I'd happily do so. It'd take a while but I will update them as fast as I can.
Nuria

Post by Nuria »

Thanks for you quick response, what will spread on the internet are the pics, so, yes please, write the name of the original artist and the name of this publisher in each pic.
I can't talk on the name of each particular artist, but for me that will do. I'm not sure all the artists would be happy to see their work manipulated.

The notice should be something like:
Original art by: Name of artist - dofantasy.com

Thanks again
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

From the perspective of someone who is both a mainstream and Dofantasy comic fan, I find these little mock-ups quite amusing. :)
STeve

Post by STeve »

As an artist, as long as I'm credited and the "customised" images are not used commercially and are not taken in an wholesale manner, that is whole stories and collections are not used, but rather one or two individual images, then it seems fine by me.

Looks like good fun.
Dr.Villain

Post by Dr.Villain »

Thanks for the kind response, everyone!

I already updated all the Fansadox related images as requested.

Here's the sample:

I've also added "used with permission" in their descriptions.

Of course, if any of the artists don't like their art manipulated into superheroine fanarts, just inform me and I will immediately take their pics down.

Thanks again!
Dr. Villain
fernando

Post by fernando »

Hi, Dr. Villain,

Other than what Nuria said, I really don't mind. I actually find it amusing. Thanks for sharing this.

I think you'll like what I have in store for Confiscated Twins 4....coming real soon.
Dr.Villain

Post by Dr.Villain »

Thanks, Fernando! Can't wait for Confiscated Twins 4!
ifob8

Post by ifob8 »

ahahahaha very nice pics! :P
Life is a party