Gary Roberts

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
fernandofan

Re: Gary Roberts

Post by fernandofan »

Enjoying the latest updates! BTW, image #19 is not showing up on your site---just a little "x" up in the left hand corner.
Reikishin

Post by Reikishin »

Furthermore, there is no "next" button on http://www.roberts-comics.com/tancat/0i ... es_018.htm and the titles of many of the pages in this comic are all wrong. For example, page http://www.roberts-comics.com/tancat/0i ... es_019.htm is titled as 10 (<title>10</title>) for whatever reason. It is also not uncommon for the What's New page to be retroactively edited. I can assure you that no new pages were available on the 11th (Nor did they show up on the 12th), and yet here I sit, today the 13th, staring at an update list that is suggesting that there was.

I do not mean to disparage yourself or anyone else who works on your website, Mr. Roberts, but this is a bit disappointing. I'd be happy to go through the gallery and point out which pages are inappropriately titled make a list of it for your convenience.
fernandofan

Post by fernandofan »

Go to the "menu" for the comic and you will be able to see #20, but still not #19. It's weird, really. Yeah, I've noticed the retroactive updating as well.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

Let me clarify:
roberts-comics is not webmastered by me. that's Bego's job.
Any issues you have with the website should be taken up through the common support paths..posting them in a forum will accomplish nothing.
I draw comics. I am not the webmaster.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

BUT..as we can now see..the errors have been corrected.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

And Reikishin, who are you? The Update Nazi? Are you unhappy that I now feel good and am producing a lot of images? I'm not sure what your exact issue is, but there is on occasion a little mis-timing between the posted update date and when it actually hits the site..mostly on the weekends when this stuff has to be done from an Iphone..I try to check up on the site to see if the image posted correctly..and sometimes it doesn't and has to be corrected. OK...so? I'm not sure exactly how this has ruined your life..
Reikishin

Post by Reikishin »

Whoa, man.

I had no idea who manages your website, be it yourself or some other individual. I appreciate your work. Very. Much. In fact, I appreciate your work enough to subscribe to your website.

What exactly did I say that you felt was so out of line? From my standpoint, I maintained civility while pointing out some errors in a product that I subscribe to. And for this I am called a Nazi and you question if I'm unhappy that you're feeling well? I think that's uncalled for, even if this happens to be the incorrect way for me to bring attention to those errors. There is nothing wrong with me objecting to an update schedule that routinely lists the wrong times. That is the entire point of an update schedule, isn't it?
ShadowKing

Post by ShadowKing »

I wouldn't worry about it, Reikishin. Roberts seems to get a bit erratic if someone points something out. I remember going through this forum before and reading something about commissions and he did this whole song and dance Also as far as the Nazi thing goes "Godwin's law" lol
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

It is not correct to take complaints or technical issues up with the improper channel. webmaster@dofantasy.com or roberts-comics.com would be the logical place.
If you feel I'm annoyed, you would be correct.
As for Mr Godwin, he is ignorant. He obviously has not met or dealt with any actual Nazis. I HAVE. Firsthand knowledge trumps arrogant neo-liberal bullshit every time.
ShadowKing

Post by ShadowKing »

Well the law is just that people will bring it up, its not about Nazi ideology, so you proved him right not wrong. But I know you've been sick for quite a while and I can imagine your still not your full self so it's okay. I just fail to see how someone who is simply asking a question and is even helpful enough to explain the problem in detail without being vague is a Nazi. Even if you don't think its the most perfect place to ask its still hardly a war crime. But feel free to enlighten me, I'm curious about your firsthand knowledge.

(But no need to be too annoyed, just poking a bit of fun at my favorite artist)