stockholm syndrome

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
farstriker2008

stockholm syndrome

Post by farstriker2008 »

Hey everybody,

Not a big poster on here, but a big reader of the forums and of the comics, huge fan by the way of so many fantastically talented artists and writers and the publishers...

Alright, all gushing now out of the way, with several of the series' written coming to multiple chapters, and even some stories spanning years of time in the slave girls' lives (such as the Erenisch birthday gift series, which consequently is where I saw the prompt for this post, and also remembering the big twist ending for Roberts' sister slaves story), I wonder what you guys all think of the beginning of stockholm syndrome.

For anyone living under a rock and doesn't know what that is, and not having already googled or wiki'd it, stockholm syndrome is the psychological disorder where a hostage or prisoner begins to develop empathy and positive feelings towards their captor.

So imagine now in the paradigm, multiple slaves kept, one of them starts to actually want her captor to continue, really learns to love everything happening, and perhaps even willingly participates in the use of her fellow captives.
ernestgreene

Re: stockholm syndrome

Post by ernestgreene »

This has come up before, and we see examples of it in comics here from time to time. Personally, I like it as a plot twist, but some readers really need for the girls to hate life and be in misery at all times, so any emotional attachment to their tormentors would be a let-down.

I'm not of that persuasion. I like seeing girls occasionally so thoroughly broken to slavery they embrace it. Not all the time, but occasionally it's a nice variation on the them.