Hustler Taboo Illustrated

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
Casotto

Hustler Taboo Illustrated

Post by Casotto »

So what's the deal with this magazine? It's published by Hustler, but the content is all Fansadox comics. Does Dofantasy have a partnership with Hustler, or what?

I know that Ernest Greene, one of our members, wrote reviews for it and had interviews with the Fansadox artists. I've read a few of its numbers and I liked them very because of these special features. I learned a lot about Dofantasy and its artists from them.

So is it still going or has it ended?
My New Blog: Comixxx Extreme
ROBERTS

Re: Hustler Taboo Illustrated

Post by ROBERTS »

Yes, Hustler Taboo illustrated is DoFantasy content, published in print for the US market by Larry Flynt ( I also draw a running monthly comic for Hustler Taboo). Ernest and I are very good friends. As are Nuria and I. The deal was hammered out about 2007. Ferres did the first issue cover, I did the second issue cover.

While to most Europeans the content here in DoFantasy-land might seem rather run of the mill, in the US it is considered the very edge of pushing the legal envelope and no publisher in America would dare do such a magazine. Most people here who are still magazine buyers are not heavily involved with the Internet, so it's a whole new market. The fan base of DoFantasy really is very Euro-Centric, especially since the Banking Terror forced all credit card banks in America to stop doing business with BDSM. Such sites as DoFantasy must seek billing strictly in Europe, and Americans do not like dealing online with foreign billing and in Euro. Taboo Illustrated is a kind of attempt at getting DoFantasy more into the American market.
ifob8

Post by ifob8 »

This is interesting :)
Life is a party
Casotto

Post by Casotto »

Thanks for the information, that was very interesting indeed. So the magazine is still being published now?
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

Of course, yes. It's still going strong.
andersbac

Post by andersbac »

It's interesting to see the that quality of "print" – or rather the pixels in the pdfs – is higher in Hustler Taboo than in the Dofantasy originals. So to get the best of any artist's work you'd have to buy the electronic Hustler version too. The difference is quite big in some cases.
:(
Nuria

Post by Nuria »

andersbac wrote:It's interesting to see the that quality of "print" – or rather the pixels in the pdfs – is higher in Hustler Taboo than in the Dofantasy originals. So to get the best of any artist's work you'd have to buy the electronic Hustler version too. The difference is quite big in some cases.
:(
I seriously doubt that. Maybe in old very comics can be true, but not in the recent ones (since 4 or 5 years).

We're doing both pdf versions, Taboo and Dofantasy comics, here. So I know for certain.

In any case if you want really good prints, buy dofantasy.com paperbacks. They are awesome. Full-Color, on glossy stock,
in large A4 format (8' 1/4 x 11' 5/8 or 21 cm by 29.7 cm)

Paperbacks can be found at
http://www.dofantasy.com/english/comicsPAPERBACK.htm

BTW, our latest print is not there: Runaway Daughter by MOFFETT.
But the printed version of the comic is ready, so if anyone is interested, please wait until the first week of August or send an email to me.

:roll:
ernestgreene

Post by ernestgreene »

As Taboo Illustrated's editor, I can attest to the fact that it's very much alive, and much as described. I doubt any other U.S. publisher would do this material, but Larry Flynt is known for pushing the limits.

The content is all from Dofantasy and we try to do it justice with the quality of the print and the design of the book.

I have no reason to believe we won't go on publishing it for the foreseeable future.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

I'm anxiously anticipating my next cover illustration...I love doing those Taboo Illustrated covers.
Casotto

Post by Casotto »

Excellent, I'm glad to know that Hustler Taboo Illustrated continues to be published and remains successful. Who have you been interviewing lately, Ernest? I love your interviews with the artists.