the future of Dof

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
ifob8

the future of Dof

Post by ifob8 »

It may sound weird or discouraging, but a wave of conscience is passing through, trough, trought (a travers...to cross........tk..lol) me right now...Is Dofantasy often recruiting staff? I mean, are the common artists of this site are the only ones or are there some news recruited sometimes?... What is the future of this site...? When the artists of this site have will have grow tired of their career...

(like 35 years drawing, writing, receiving pressure of the readers here, yes, I'm not shy to say what I really think, I think they receive pressure, even if the members try not to create any...when you create, you must please, otherwise youll be cast out, plus you know the people are waiting, they are impatient...yes I think the artists here receive pressure, even if unexpected...)

What will happen to this site? Will there be always someone to guard it, to feed it, to care of it?...

What do you guys think all about it?

Lol...the dark side of the force... :t No seriously, artists of Dofantasy, I admire you, because you are tough to live to expectations. But if you do not think I'm right, tell me, we'll talk. Lets gives our opinion. This is a forum, after all. :)
Life is a party
comicglutton

Re: the future of Dof

Post by comicglutton »

Who knows what the future holds. I think we should just 'make hay while the sun shines' and enjoy this great art while it is available. :)
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

As long as I am still alive, my newest art will be somewhere online. And even after I am gone from this Earth, there will always be Roberts art somewhere. What the future holds for DoFantasy, no one can say. As long as the fans support our art, and support DoFantasy with their web memberships and buying comics, I think it will go on indefinitely. It all relies on the support of the fans.
Sandow

Post by Sandow »

I'll be writing until someone pries the keyboard from my cold, dead hands. Or until someone develops a decent voice-to-type application for Windows.

Seriously though, I'm driven to write because it's obvious that good stuff has staying power. I'm in the middle of reading some classic pulp fiction right now (Doc Savage, Moorcock, and noir detective stories) and was just thinking that good stuff lasts. These books have been out of print for 40 years and can still raise the hair on the back of my neck.

I don't know what the future of DoF is, or what medium the artwork will be delivered to a erotically-deprived world in years to come, but I have no doubt that it will continue to provide orgasm fodder for a long, long time.
ifob8

Post by ifob8 »

thanks for you opinions :)
Life is a party
STeve

Post by STeve »

Got to draw, as long as I can I will. How long will I keep working for Dofantasy? As long as Nuria and the customers of the site will tolerate me, this is stuff I get out of bed looking forward to drawing.
ifob8

Post by ifob8 »

It's nice to see that artists who work for Dof are really passionate. :)
Life is a party
Rubberstrap

Post by Rubberstrap »

Sandow wrote:I'm in the middle of reading some classic pulp fiction right now... Moorcock
Elric lives!
STeve

Post by STeve »

Sandow wrote: I'm in the middle of reading some classic pulp fiction right now (Doc Savage, Moorcock, and noir detective stories) and was just thinking that good stuff lasts. These books have been out of print for 40 years and can still raise the hair on the back of my neck.
It has been years since I read any Moorcock; Elric, Prince Corum and Jerry Cornelius, blimey that all brings back memories.

I am a big fan of Pulp magazine art though, from the thirties through to the fifties and some later stuff too, especially trashy paperbacks. Right now I'm drawing a Faux Pulp cover based on a forties magazine "Women of Crime!", inspired by an idea by forum member Demosthenes, and will be posting that here when it is complete.
Benedikt

Post by Benedikt »

STeve wrote: I am a big fan of Pulp magazine art though, from the thirties through to the fifties and some later stuff too, especially trashy paperbacks. Right now I'm drawing a Faux Pulp cover based on a forties magazine "Women of Crime!", inspired by an idea by forum member Demosthenes, and will be posting that here when it is complete.
Yeah! Pulp magazine cover art just rocks!!!
Many skilled artist did them back in the 40ies and 50ies. It's too bad that most of the original beautiful oil paintings were simply painted over or burnt due to the fact that no one back then wanted to hang up a damsel in distress painting in the living-room.

I'm a big fan of this kind of art as well. (especially when it features monsters, evil animals or super-bad Nazis or Japanese soldiers... :roll: )
Can't await to see your version STeve! :P