Collaboration

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
leader 29

Collaboration

Post by leader 29 »

Hey all,
First off I'm a big fan of the comics here!!! Particularly slasher, moffet, viktor, ted Owen, Fernando, erenisch, ferres, arieta, and Roberts!! I'm posting because though I lack any artistic ability, I am a writer and I have done a couple of stories! My particular genre is celebrities, and I was wondering if any of my favorite artists would be willing to do a collaboration with me and make a comic? I'm a big fan and I think it would be so cool to see a story of mine drawn on the page! If anyone is interested (or even just wants to chat about hot celeb r@pe meat) my email is leader2992@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from someone
Naj

Re: Collaboration

Post by Naj »

Most of the professional artists you see who work on the comics are preoccupied between day-job and their comic work and aren't really available for unpaid collaborations, though there might be some individuals who might take you up on your offer. However, we are always looking for more writers, so you can feel free to inquire Bego about it and see if you can be part of the team.

http://www.dofantasy.com/english/USAArtistsCoin.htm

Note: I neither speak for nor represent Dofantasy.com and am merely a freelancer who writes for the aforementioned.
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

I used to regularly speak with and submitted some script work for Nuria several years ago. Following her sad passing, I emailed that address several times and never had a response. I even resorted to posting on this forum asking for contact but never had any I'm afraid.

I have subsequently written several BDSM comic scripts and had them privately illustrated (one of which is now starting to be published elsewhere). I still have a fully illustrated captioned story which would be perfect for BDSMartwork. For what it's worth, you can reach me at sarenaph@btinternet.com
Naj

Post by Naj »

You e-mailed webmaster@dofantasy.com? Because that's how I get a hold of Bego, so I can't imagine why she's not seeing it.
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

Yup, several times (must be a year or so ago now). I'll do so once more.
robinja

Post by robinja »

Sarenaph wrote:I used to regularly speak with and submitted some script work for Nuria several years ago. Following her sad passing, I emailed that address several times and never had a response. I even resorted to posting on this forum asking for contact but never had any I'm afraid.

I have subsequently written several BDSM comic scripts and had them privately illustrated (one of which is now starting to be published elsewhere). I still have a fully illustrated captioned story which would be perfect for BDSMartwork. For what it's worth, you can reach me at sarenaph@btinternet.com
Hey Sarenaph, do you mind me asking how you went about getting your script privately illustrated & published elsewhere?
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

I built up a good working partnership with the artist involved and paid them for their work. My commissions have varied from a couple of hundred bucks to ten times that. If you are serious about wanting to get your work illustrated, you should expect to pay a respectable rate accordingly. No one works for free, especially if you want to retain some creative control.
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

It's worth adding that publishing is usually done through either the artists if they have an existing arrangement or you can sort out something through contacting reputable sites. That said, it largely depends on the relationship and agreement in place between you and the artist as to how that eventually takes shape.

I have my own list of stories I'd love to write continuations to from the BDSMartwork and Dofantasy libraries. Maybe one day I'll get that chance (although a sequel to 4th Wife might take some doing!)
robinja

Post by robinja »

Thanks for your reply Sarenaph. I have a few projects here at Dofantasy including Bad Lieutenant with Arieta and a new series with Lesbi K Leih, but I have other ideas for different stories that might not fit with Dofantasy and I'm just interested in what the options might be.
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

There are a lot of options, but having a company like Dofantasy involved takes a degree of risk out of the venture for you (but I'd imagine at the price of a little creative autonomy).

I enjoyed the plot and dialogue of Bad Lieutenant.

Good luck !