Damn..Anybody come around here anymore?

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
Lostboy

Re: Damn..Anybody come around here anymore?

Post by Lostboy »

I look in almost every day but i rerly post
STeve

Post by STeve »

I check in most days, but don't comment often.

As for the "attractiveness" of the forum, well there are lots of images here, mostly for members, but so what?

This forum might not be the biggest, but Dofantasy is without doubt the best. Delivering high quality art and stories consistently. The people here care about what they do and though they want to earn, it is not just about a "quick buck".

That shows.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

Don't worry, I only take offense when someone is obviously trying to offend me..this is not what is happening here, no worries.
What is very clear, is that everything that lives online MUST evolve and change as the times and public tastes demand..and Internet makes that evolutionary cycle so damn short now it's hardly possible to keep up. We have so many elements to consider and react properly to, so many challenges..Banker censorship..Governments spying and trying to censor..countries trying to contain their internet within their own borders and filter outside data away..Security contractors looking into everything...and of course those mobs of bored angry teens in basements everywhere who love to hack databases or mount denial attacks or simply virus bomb everything and spam spam spam..not to mention the actual hard criminals trying to steal data, images, personal data, card numbers..and the Pirates. those f@cking Pirates. All Pirates must Die.
But the biggest issue and sorry, Problem I face daily is, in truth, the attitudes and knowledge of the Customers...
If in fact, the Customers were sharp enough overall, then I could have cut the Banks completely out of the loop long ago..running a profitable website would be easy..We could, at ANY TIME, drop these silly censorship rules and draw the most crazy stuff ever.
But that would mean a more complex way of getting a membership, paying attention to details, and when some little malfunction happens don't whine like an infant with shitty pants and run crying to cancel or refund. Get rid of credit cards, get rid of CENSORSHIP. Of course this is unrealistic. In every group of humans over 50 in number you get at least one total retard..if his log-in doesn't work he calls the FBI. the biggest challenge in this entire business boils down to one word: Stupid. We fight Stupid more than any other thing. From 2000 to 2006 I ran my own company and my own websites quite well thank you, and made so much money at it the US Government attacked me and every bank threw me out. The weakest link in the entire system was always the one customer in 1000 who was just...stupid.
Which is the final word on the Big Crazy Open Sex Chat Forum subject...why would I want thousands of stupid people in my site and forum? Of course I don't.
Thon

Post by Thon »

So, any of you insiders got any news on Fernando to share? He's gone missing from his own forum, and this, for 3 months now..?
Talboubarn

Post by Talboubarn »

Thon wrote:So, any of you insiders got any news on Fernando to share? He's gone missing from his own forum, and this, for 3 months now..?
Indeed, and it's really worrying ... Hope he's fine.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

Maybe he's busy drawing...
Thon

Post by Thon »

ROBERTS wrote:Maybe he's busy drawing...
Well, we all hope that of course... but it does strike us as a little strange to first go to lengths of trouble to put up an [own] site (he said it him self that he worked a lot with that) and then just leave it without a word. He could have shut it down, or simply write a post saying that it was a mistake, he doesn't have time to run the site anymore, or something. Simply abandoning it in mid sentence seem strange. Or he couldn't shut it down or write a parting post because something hindered him... And I don't believe it was a lost password :roll:

And as no one connected to Dof wants to touch the question with less than a ten feet pole, things does certainly seem amiss. :sw
STeve

Post by STeve »

Sometimes when you get so caught up in what you are doing time just goes by and you often hardly think of other things.

At least I can go through periods when I just think I'm doing what I always do and then I get a phone call from a friend saying "Where are you? We haven't seen you for days". You just don't realise how time is passing when you become so focused on something.

I swear, "I could be locked up in solitary sometimes and not know the difference in my life." Which is actually a quote from Will Eisner, but I can totally identify with what he was saying.

We get lost in our little world of doodling and colouring in mad stories.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

No one with a "normal" life can understand in any way the twisted time-warp we artists..illustrators, painters, musicians, actors, ALL artists..live in day to day, month to month.
My head is spinning over the fact that we're about to complete the first quarter of 2014..I was just at a christmas party, wasn't I??
The world I live in, with these crazy visions and beautiful girls I find myself in a lifelong obsession to draw, is running at double warp speed when I am focused and working. When I sit down to draw, my wall clock seems to spin like a propeller.
Before long, a day is gone. Then a week. Then a month. Then suddenly, it's 2014. And you look at the date on something you "just finished" and it says 2011. And your mind spins.
How in hell could THAT have happened?
I just turned 59 in Feb...and I have no idea how I got here so fast.
Naj

Post by Naj »

Beside the obvious problem of this kind of thing being a very niche market so therefore not likely to attract a large audience anyway, part of the problem I believe stems from just poor web design. If Bego could manage to find a web designer who could really devote some time to cleaning up both the main dofantasy and bdsmartwork sites, as well as this forum, I think things would work a lot better.

The sites do have this very dated, mid 2000s vibe, and the last time I was on bdsmartwork the entire site was just a confusing mess. These forums are kind of horrible when you have several pages worth of sticky-threads burying all active, non-sticky topics from years of backlog that can't be removed because I don't think anyone has the permissions to change things anymore. Also, why is it that EVERY FORUM PAGE has 1/15th of it being actual forum while the rest are just a giant pile of comic covers falling several miles to the bottom with nothing but a blank, blonde ringgagged girl to look at?

Don't get me wrong, I love dofantasy and hope to work for them as a writer until the day I croak, but man, you don't need to go very far before you start getting to some really sketchy pages.