What image size did you use for a page?

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
LOLord

What image size did you use for a page?

Post by LOLord »

Well, i just wonder how big the size is when you guy start draw a page. Since with size of a PDF page, every detail like sweat or tear cant be describe properly.
for example: a PDF page from Feather 's comic have size like this:
2480 x 3508 pixels with resolution: 300 pixels/inch
But i guess the working size of each panel must be different.
ROBERTS

Re: What image size did you use for a page?

Post by ROBERTS »

I use 300 dpi as final image resolution because that's the industry standard for printed book. My comics get published here and also in Larry Flynt magazines TABOO and TABOO ILLUSTRATED.

My pages are usually 2550 pixels wide. Different heights for US magazines, Euro A4 books, cover art. Centerfolds are huge, over 5000 pixels. DoFantasy pages are sized to fit the big graphic novel A4 size, in case they decide to go to print with a comic.

If I'm doing a print magazine cover or centerfold, I'll draw and paint a twice usual res..600 dpi. On the Wacom Cintiq, this is the best for line art, comes out very smooth.

In a comics page, each panel is done individually, most at 300 dpi, but different panel sizes accordingly. I always do the sketches at 600 dpi to get smooth curves and lines.
LOLord

Re: What image size did you use for a page?

Post by LOLord »

Thank for the advice, i normally working on 150 dpi and thought it's big enough, but now you've change my idea of size.