Which drawing method is better?

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
LOLord

Which drawing method is better?

Post by LOLord »

Well since there're to two drawing method that i know here?
+ 1st method: Line work with hand sketch and paper, then scanning it on computer then coloring it.
+ 2nd method: Line work with digital tablet then coloring it.
- SOme how i'm pretty sure that hand drawing sketch give nicer quality than most of digital sketch (most of Marvel comic using hand sketch, not digital sketch).
- Hand feeling is better with paper than digital tablet.
- A good digital tablet give a paper feeling which may cost a lot of money, and the pen is broken when you drop it accidentally.
- But sure with digital table, every thing seem faster.
SO which one do you prefer?
STeve

Re: Which drawing method is better?

Post by STeve »

I've been totally digital for about ten years now. My early stuff here was drawn on paper scanned and coloured, but I'm happy drawing with a tablet.

It's just a matter of personal preference, if scanning suits you, then that's fine. It's the end results that matter.
fernando

Post by fernando »

I've been drawing almost exclusively digital since around 1998. I wouldn't go back to drawing on paper especially for comics unless I had no choice.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

I'm still divided...If it's something really complex or I need really sharp tight line art, I draw on paper and scan it. Here lately I've been working on my pure digital drawing on the Cintiq 24, but find I go through 2 sketch stages before I do the final line art..I just can't get as steady and smooth a line on Cintiq as I can on paper..it's definitely surface feel and feedback that's the trouble..the Cintiq surface is SO slick it's difficult to draw freehand on it. Paper has drag and texture and responds to pressure and angle, and of course I'm old school so I'm used to that more. Point is, both. I have my drawing board next to my Cintiq, and the big HP ScanJet right behind it..