EVERYONE: Stand by for a very serious announcement

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
DarkPlayer

Re: EVERYONE: Stand by for a very serious announcement

Post by DarkPlayer »

STeve wrote:
I'm sure Bego, or someone else will make a statement as soon as they can.

I know it is difficult, but please just be a little more patient, she has a lot to deal with right now and everyones understanding would, I'm sure be very much appreciated.
At least Bego has registered here yesterday.

So the first step to make the statement here is done.
For private messages see my email (-> see my profil "Occupation").
comicglutton

Post by comicglutton »

I'm very relieved, that's not me to complain this.

Thank you comicglutton 8-)[/quote]

Darkplayer, I think I must have 'hot-headed German' blood in me! I must check my ancestral line. :D No offence meant. Just my joke. :)
bellamyspiano

Post by bellamyspiano »

Excuse me.

Can we all please be a little less selfish, and not throw out comments such as 'an attractive young woman' - that's offensive.

I am a friend of Gary away from this board, and what we choose to discuss is our business.

Please be patient and please stop complaining about every little thing. This is hard enough as it is.

Thank you.
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

Not the most offensive thing I've ever heard to be fair. :roll:

No one is being selfish because no one knows what is going on. Some of the comments here could be viewed as selfish if, say, an earlier announcement had been made that Nuria had died, but no such confirmation has been made.

I think the mood here is shifting from concern to frustration. If the folks on this forum are not high on the priority list for giving information to (and there's no reason why they should be in all fairness) then better that nothing had been said at all.

Now we are in the situation where clearly *something* has happened and we are told to wait for an update, but no update has happened.

Speculation is now going from extremes, none of which are pleasant. My heartfelt recommendation is that someone who knows what is going on puts on a post to clarify the following:

What has happened (briefly)

What is the immediate effect on the business and those involved.

What are the medium/long term implications of this event.

I apologise if any of this comes across as callous or selfish but as we have not been told anything it is difficult to know how to comment.
bellamyspiano

Post by bellamyspiano »

Something SERIOUS has happened; this has been clearly stated. I think that is more than enough information for the time being. There are clearly other matters that need to be dealt with before this board, and wanting to know what will happen to it is unfair at such an early stage, in my opinion.

If you don't agree with me, okay. That's fair enough.

And the comment about Gary jumping straight to me because I am an attractive woman is offensive to both him and myself. You do not know anything about us, so it was rude to judge so quickly.
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

Do you not think it would have been better to have said nothing then? Thereby avoiding any speculation, selfish demands, worry, concern, fear or other reactions? People are very fond of Nuria and what she has worked to build here and just want to know what has happened and what help can be given.

But as something has been said, perhaps because the act of sharing knowledge or pain has a benefit in itself, is it not the decent thing to do to make a short statement of facts along the lines I have outlined?

Or if you don't want to discuss the details on an open forum, drop me a personal email sarenaph (at) btinternet.com and I'll try to work as sensitively as I can with the information to ensure that people at least can stop worrying about the unknown.
bellamyspiano

Post by bellamyspiano »

I can't speak for those who have decided to make a short and vague announcement, but I believe Roberts has his reasons. Perhaps you could ask him instead.

It is not my place to say what has happened. I'm only trying to defend a friend who I know is having a hard time.

I am really sorry you feel this way. No hard feelings though :)
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

Not looking to put you on the spot. Just looking for clarity so we can turn this place into a positive and focused platform of suuport rather than its current state.
bellamyspiano

Post by bellamyspiano »

Of course. I'm confident it will happen when the time is right. :)
ernestgreene

Post by ernestgreene »

As you might expect, I agree with Tan's comments. Neither she nor Roberts are to be blamed for being on friendly terms outside of this forum and therefore are able to discuss matters privately without potentially making things worse.

Meantime, let's try to be a bit rational here and accept the fact that keeping forum members happy may not be Priority One in the earliest phase of handling a major adjustment.

I can tell you this much:

DOF is up and running and it's going to stay that way.

There will probably be some significant changes in the near future but I have every reason to believe they will be for the better.

Capable people are dealing with the current situation, which requires a certain amount of discretion for the moment.

Nobody is deliberately concealing anything from anyone. There is a time to make a major and detailed announcement and that time is when a new status quo is in place.

Years of work went into creating DOF. Asking a couple of day's patience from its most ardent supporters does not seem unreasonable.

All questions will be answered shortly once things have been sorted out, which they will be.

Just today we received the files needed for the next issue of Taboo Illustrated. Our company is confident that DOF will be a reliable partner going forward and I would urge those here to adopt a similarly optimistic attitude.

Just give everybody involved a minute to do things that have to be done so when they do make an announcement, it can be as complete, detailed and useful as possible.