"Shuttle" movie

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
Boundsiera

"Shuttle" movie

Post by Boundsiera »

Just got done watching Shuttle and had a bit of a deja vu experience with it.

Film came out in 2008 (direct to video) and clearly didn't have much of a budget behind it. Nearly all of the film takes place at night and though the dim lighting adds to the feel of the movie, the grainy look isn't very appealing.

Peyton List, the lead actress in the film is a refreshing sight. Reminded me a bit of a younger Neve Campbell or Holly Marie Combs.

I went into the film expecting something along the lines of Joy Ride or even a tamed down Hostel. Bad guy kidnaps innocent civilians from airport and takes them off to his lair to do very bad things with them. That's what I was hoping for. And though terrible things do befall the majority of the cast, I wasn't expecting where it ended up (which made me immediately think of a DF story).

SPOILER ALERT
Don't read any farther if you don't want the film ruined for you.

I'm sure everyone here is familiar with Predondo's "The Longest Journey". Yep, that's the kicker here. You almost think our heroine might just make it...but then (because she didn't follow the second rule of Zombieland) the villain gets the upperhand on her.

Cover art for the film shows two scantly clad girls standing in front of lights...kinda wished that particular scene had played out a bit sooner in the film. I think that'd be my one (storytelling) complaint...the pacing of the movie. It took took too long to get to where we all wanted the film to get to. There was simply too much time spent in the actual shuttle-bus. I don't mind if the bulk of the story is told in that environment, just liven things up a bit more during those scenes. I'd have put in a lot more humiliation scenes during the long drive to their final destination.

Always been a fan of the bad guy winning out in the end of a film. And though Shuttle was no cinematic masterpiece, it wasn't horrible either. Probably not worth owning, but if you get a chance to see for cheap (or free like I did), I'd do so. Seeing the doomed girl get crated up at the end & shipped off to parts unknown...that was just icing on the cake.