Pregnancy test

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
STeve

Re: Pregnancy test

Post by STeve »

Ferres, yes, I think you have hit the nail on the head there.

Whereas we will give all kinds of visual "leeway" to the drawn or painted image, even interpreting certain "quirks" as aesthetically pleasing, there is something about 3D images that is just uncomfortable to look at.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

I've been trying to analyze this for many years. Absolutely, as demonstrated by the discussions I have with my own fans, the hand drawn image is absolutely embraced by the erotic senses of the human mind. Even though my girls in my drawings are not exact figure models..far from it, I exaggerate the length of legs, make big pouted lips, huge Disney eyes with impossible lashes, and tits which defy all known earth physics and round asses even my hot girlfriend envies..they get a deep visceral organic response from both me and my fans.
Nothing even remotely close happens with 3D models. I have not seen one yet which gave me a buzz in my balls. And some of them I've seen are pretty damn close to looking real, if the artist gets away from the "poser" stock model and corrects all the anatomical errors and painting anomalies.
Now why do you suppose this is? Because I can guarantee, I have drawn comics in the past which are still discussed as legends of spankability..Black Van. StarFuckers. Guys STILL get sweaty over those, along with many girls I've known. And the drawings in those comics aren't even close to my best renderings. But they get an organic sexual response. The mind suspends its' disbelief and accepts these as sexual images of girls, even though they are obviously cartoons. No such connection happens with 3D modelled girls. In fact, if I use myself as an example, there is actually a revulsion and rejection of those images both concious and sub concious, so strong that I cannot see anything sexual in the images at all.
Why do you think this is?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I believe what you are describing is known as the "uncanny valley".
The uncanny valley is a hypothesis in the field of human aesthetics which holds that when human features look and move almost, but not exactly, like natural human beings, it causes a response of revulsion among human observers. Examples can be found in the fields of robotics, 3D computer animation, and in medical fields such as burn reconstruction, infectious diseases, neurological conditions, and plastic surgery. The "valley" refers to the dip in a graph of the comfort level of humans as subjects move toward a healthy, natural human likeness described in a function of a subject's aesthetic acceptability.
More can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

OK...This helps with half of my question..but still leaves it unanswered. I can deduct from this Wiki that it's unknown even to psychologists and science then.
The rejection of figures which look almost human but not perfect is almost kind of explained..but not really. The bigger part of the question to me is, why do people..both male and female.. react with absolute sexual connection and arousal to an image which is obviously not anywhere near real?
STeve

Post by STeve »

Perhaps the drawn or painted image engages the imagination more?

It is so obviously a product of our imagination, not real, that, on a subconcious level, viewers feel happy to go along and join in with that fantasy?

I once heard it described, about comics art, that the drawn image is a "friendlier" more gentle and imtimate invitation to suspend disbelief than a computer generated image.

It's like a handwritten letter as opposed to a printed form-letter.

It's more honest, I suppose. A drawing is a drawing and not trying to be anything else.

I'm rambling a bit, but I can't come up with anything better right now...
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

And so, we are forced to make that admission so dreaded in the psyche' of modern humanity...
We don't have a f@cking clue.
ponygirlrider3

Post by ponygirlrider3 »

Damian264 wrote:Ponygirlrider you have it in a nutshell.

As mentioned before, the subject is not fantasy. There have been many precedents set in different parts of the world not the least Cleveland Ohio.

For me Slasher would be the perfect artist on this theme but......

I have found another site that has produced this as a theme, albeit in a small way. :44 I believe Erenisch has 'broached' the subject.

Suppose we can only wait and see
Gee thanks for posting the links, now every has gone completely off topic from what i orginally wanted to discuss
ponygirlrider3

Post by ponygirlrider3 »

ROBERTS wrote:And so, we are forced to make that admission so dreaded in the psyche' of modern humanity...
We don't have a f@cking clue.
I agree, but can we please get back to the pregnancy tests
Damian264

Post by Damian264 »

Ponygirlrider3,

I wholeheartedly agree with you. It is the SUBJECT about which were are talking NOT the manner in which it is delivered. 3D 2D or whatever is not relevant. It is the enslavement with the swollen belly that is requested of 'our' artists. :22