Just curious about dofantasy ad

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
Skydyed

Just curious about dofantasy ad

Post by Skydyed »

We're looking for an ENGLISH STYLE CORRECTOR and a BDSM WRITER

Just curious about the above ad which has been up for a long time. I'm interested and have enquired several times without a response. Anyone else shown interest in the position?
Casotto

Re: Just curious about dofantasy ad

Post by Casotto »

That is an interesting ad. I wonder how many people apply to 'BDSM writer,' that must be something awesome to have on your CV :lol:
My New Blog: Comixxx Extreme
Boundsiera

Post by Boundsiera »

I'd say they're always looking for new talent, but don't hold me to that.

I actually submitted an attempt at things. Still a bit rusty for the site's purposes. Guess I'll stick to short stories. :)
Nuria

Post by Nuria »

Hi guys. Yes we're always looking for new talent and new ideas.

And new talent and new ideas mean writers too, people who can write dialogs for comics and footnotes for illustrations, or write a story based on a pic or a set of them.

An important percentage of our artists including myself are not native English speakers as you may well have noticed already :roll:

The thing is that for every artist call, we get 100 writers calls. It looks like very few think they can draw but almost all of us think we can write. We're literally flooded with inquiries about that job.

Additionally, evaluating an artist is faster. They say an image is worth one thousand words and in this case is 100% true. And even with artists mistakes occur.

A writer needs good English, availability, professionalism, proficiency in certain software and most important: a good BDSM feeling (ability to write exciting BDSM texts)

Photoshop skills are not common, but we'd happily renounce to them if the BDSM feeling (scarce God's blessing :) ) is present.

So it's very frustrating for us spending hours in each candidate and finally don't get anywhere because the candidate gets tired of tests, has no BDSM feel, takes eons to answer, or simply wants to earn more money than a Nobel prize.

So we're going to change the system and ask people to directly send tests: Their already done BDSM stories if any AND -very important- sending beforehand some of our pics completed with their own original writing.

So my suggestion is, browse our sites, pick some pics and send them with your own writing. That will speed up things. And please send enough material to allow us to take a decision.

xxx
Casotto

Post by Casotto »

And what would an English style corrector do?
My New Blog: Comixxx Extreme
ElChantajista

Post by ElChantajista »

Nuria wrote:An important percentage of our artists including myself are not native English speakers as you may well have noticed already :roll:

So we're going to change the system and ask people to directly send tests: Their already done BDSM stories if any AND -very important- sending beforehand some of our pics completed with their own original writing.
Just two questions.

First. Can I send stories in Spanish? My English is not bad but probably I lack the skills to clean my literary style in English. Checking your name and Fernando's probably both use my same language. :)

Second. Where can we send the tests?
comicglutton

Post by comicglutton »

I have some great software called 'comic life', which allows me to take images and add my own text. Very handy, although I don't pretend to be a great writer. :)