Happy 4th July

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
comicglutton

Happy 4th July

Post by comicglutton »

Happy 4th July to all our North American members. I'm a Brit.. but,hey.. it was a long time ago!.... :D
ROBERTS

Re: Happy 4th July

Post by ROBERTS »

Don't worry, almost half of all Americans have no idea what the 4th of July is really about. They think it's to get drunk and BBQ and watch fireworks shows.
Casotto

Post by Casotto »

I'm sure that's the same in every country that celebrates a national holiday; people just forget the reason of celebration and focus on the drinking and partying.
My New Blog: Comixxx Extreme
ifob8

Post by ifob8 »

Robert, you seem to be someone so straightful (direct) lol. It's nice. Hum, yeah, I know its the 4th...ok well, have a 4th July, day of the independance. Personaly, I'm Quebequer and the 1st of July (Birthday of Canada) does not animate really animate me... June 24th however...(St-Jean Baptiste, fete du Québec, Canadian Province) does. Yes, I think it is a good day for partying. I do am a independentist. (Québec tries to get it's independance since 1837-1838...patriots revolution...)
Life is a party
comicglutton

Post by comicglutton »

ROBERTS wrote:Don't worry, almost half of all Americans have no idea what the 4th of July is really about. They think it's to get drunk and BBQ and watch fireworks shows.

That's quite true, Roberts. My sister had a boyfriend from the USA. When I started talking about Bunker Hill, etc, he seemed quite perplexed. I didn't even start on the war of 1812! :D