Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3

Naj

Re: Dresden Twins - Comic Thread

Post by Naj »

So, I suppose this is as good a time as any to say this, but I've decided to retire, at least for now, my writing career with Dofantasy.

There are many reasons for the decision, but the long and short of it is that I'm not really having fun anymore. You do something long enough, and it stops being a hobby and starts being a job, and I've been on the job for over a decade.

That said, I do have one project completed and submitted and another that I'm trying to find the time and energy to finish up. I'll probably include a similar "farewell" in the last comic for those who never visit the forum, and I'll check in from time to time to answer any questions that may come up.

So there are a couple more to go. I don't know for sure that I won't ever return, so I won't say this is the final farewell... just a goodbye for now.
surrenderdorathy

Post by surrenderdorathy »

I have nothing but respect for an artist that knows they're ready to call it. It does sound like we'll be getting a proper send off to your stories though and for that I'm endlessly grateful. The Group X series keeps feeling like it's building up to a climax. Thank you for 10 great years of comics. If the inspiration comes back I'll be the first to welcome you back even if it takes another 10 years.

Your Loyal fan
draft9

Post by draft9 »

Naj wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:02 pm
There are many reasons for the decision, but the long and short of it is that I'm not really having fun anymore. You do something long enough, and it stops being a hobby and starts being a job, and I've been on the job for over a decade.
Ah, too bad! Will you tell us what happened to the twins in your last projects...? I've got nightmarish ideas since...
SPOILER!!!!!!!
Chyou talks about Mengele ^^
Naj

Post by Naj »

I can't tell you because I don't know myself. I never had much plans for them beyond that they belonged to Chyou.

I've always been a proponent of thinking the reader plays just as much of a role, if not more, than the author or author's intent. So with that said, I'd say that whatever you come up with is just as valid. Do with them as you will, basically. :22
surrenderdorathy

Can you share anything about your next project Naj? Thank you for your time.
surrenderdorathy

draft9 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:34 pm
Naj wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:02 pm
Ah, too bad! Will you tell us what happened to the twins in your last projects...? I've got nightmarish ideas since...
SPOILER!!!!!!!
Chyou talks about Mengele ^^
Start drawing or commissioning fan art. I'll get around to it eventually.