Old vs New Roberts

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
pekinobo

Old vs New Roberts

Post by pekinobo »

pekinobo wonders how the fans and Maestro himself see on the work/comix he has done.
Personally Nothing can beat the simplicity where there where teens in

Abducted sisters - Worldclass
Abductors - Worldclass

black van
Black van 2 - Both wordclass
Black Van 3 Shortcut To Hell - no to silicon lips
Black Van 4 - Home Invasion - Worldclass
Black Van 5. Home Invasion - Part 2 - Almoust lost hope. To big change between the girls from ep 1 to ep2. (Different artist on it??
Buffy in Hell - WE DEMAND MORE!!!!
Cheerleaders In Chains part 1 - ok
Circus Armageddon - Good
Dark Cabin - A continue on that, please
Dragonsabre - Had HIGH hopes, but.....
Dungeon - continue please
Giselle - Mine at last - CONTINUE
Secret police - Punish them!!!!!
Serial - to short
Slave Ranch - too short
Slave Sisters - The Best there is
Slave TV - ?? silicon lips
Ss Prison Hell - good
Starfuckers - some really good scenes on that stool
Starfuckers 2 - well, ok.
The Collection - Good
The Grove - Really good.
War Slaves -can be really good if it continues
Witch Hunt - World Class
Yakuza Slavegirls - Probably his Best

The older ones where all classics later on it seems as the productovity has slightly vanished.

Let hear what You have to say/write.
Megan Fox Emily Browning Ellen Page Miley C Ariana Grande pekinobo has done them
ROBERTS

Re: Old vs New Roberts

Post by ROBERTS »

Well, first off...Pekinobo, where have you been? I thought maybe aliens have taken you away on a saucer! it is good to see your forum name again..
I am happy for such loyal fans, who not only know all of my comics, but know them all so well!

Now to technical points: I have heard from many people, not only you..that they prefer the way I drew in the early years more. This does surprise me. With the latest comic, which is on Roberts-Comics.com, I have made a concious effort to back off a little..maybe my painting is becoming too complicated...my details too dense..I've gone away from complicated multi-panel "comic book" pages in favor of full screen viewable web comics images..and the nature of my drawing itself, yes, has changed.

Some of it by design and simply evolution of my style..some is accidental. At first, I drew on paper only and ink pens did the line art, which was scanned and only painted in computers. about 4 years ago I went over to Wacom Cintiq 24..the graphics monitor you draw directly on. Now all drawing is done on the screen directly. This change of media has had an effect on the very movements of my hand and how my hand moves in relation to how the surface feels. So many things are completely different it is impossible for this to NOT change my drawing. I am still working on the art of drawing on this screen, it is actually difficult because it's too easy..it has no "feel". No friction, no resistance, no grain, no drag. Its drawing with a smooth plastic pen tip on a slick glass. it's hard.

I think this more than anything has changed the drawings. you should go check out the new comic "Woods have Eyes" and tell me how this compares to some older more simple works from the past. I am trying to bring some of that clean simplicity back...

Thank you for being such a dedicated fan...
fernandofan

Post by fernandofan »

Ooohh---I could talk "shop" all day! Btw---which comic is "Serial"? I know all the other ones, but I've never heard of that one.

Black Van is my all-time favorite comic and the busty blonde and tiny brunette are my dream characters. If Roberts wanted to draw just those two into all of the rest of his comics I would be in heaven!

Yeah, his style has changed over the years, but his explanation of the differing feel of a tablet vs. paper make a lot of sense. I couldn't imagine how strange it must feel to draw on glass!

Pekinobo---if you haven't already then you should join his pay site because there are images and parts of comics that you haven't seen yet that are pretty boss. In one comic starter entitled Taken Roberts illustrates in a style that I thought was closer to his older style---very hot shit! I hope he continues it at some 0
point! Also there are some more images from Black Van 5 that didn't make it into the first half of the comic sold on DoF that are pretty amazing. I feel that his return to the Black Van series was a good move and he produced some of his strongest recent work in BV5, which I also look forward to seeing more of.

Well, you are a real Roberts scholar. Hope we can have more discussions about his comics in the future!
pekinobo

Post by pekinobo »

ROBERTS wrote:Well, first off...Pekinobo, where have you been? I thought maybe aliens have taken you away on a saucer! it is good to see your forum name again..
I am happy for such loyal fans, who not only know all of my comics, but know them all so well!

Now to technical points: I have heard from many people, not only you..that they prefer the way I drew in the early years more. This does surprise me. With the latest comic, which is on Roberts-Comics.com, I have made a concious effort to back off a little..maybe my painting is becoming too complicated...my details too dense..I've gone away from complicated multi-panel "comic book" pages in favor of full screen viewable web comics images..and the nature of my drawing itself, yes, has changed.

Some of it by design and simply evolution of my style..some is accidental. At first, I drew on paper only and ink pens did the line art, which was scanned and only painted in computers. about 4 years ago I went over to Wacom Cintiq 24..the graphics monitor you draw directly on. Now all drawing is done on the screen directly. This change of media has had an effect on the very movements of my hand and how my hand moves in relation to how the surface feels. So many things are completely different it is impossible for this to NOT change my drawing. I am still working on the art of drawing on this screen, it is actually difficult because it's too easy..it has no "feel". No friction, no resistance, no grain, no drag. Its drawing with a smooth plastic pen tip on a slick glass. it's hard.

I think this more than anything has changed the drawings. you should go check out the new comic "Woods have Eyes" and tell me how this compares to some older more simple works from the past. I am trying to bring some of that clean simplicity back...

Thank you for being such a dedicated fan...
First off, Legends remember Legends.
Secondly, no saucer here, but pekinobo took a trip with a black van one monday morning...
Or learning new languages, maybe sounds more boring thou..

That explains why it look different then, Many thanks for the explanation. Also, pekinobo should have added that the color part and details is great, it´s simply how the girls/women look. As mentioned, briefly, their lower lip or "silicon lips" as pekinobo wrote.
Saw a video of someone using "that" tablett/monitor and they could zoom in to go into greater details, is that what Maestro Roberts has?

pekinobo´s echonomic is a disaster at the moment, but will look into Woods have eyes and also saw someone mentioning the feel of Wrong Turn - LOVE that movie - so soon that comix is aviable on PDF or maybe sooner.
Megan Fox Emily Browning Ellen Page Miley C Ariana Grande pekinobo has done them