paperback editions

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
ifob8

paperback editions

Post by ifob8 »

Just to know, paperback editions are like magazines right? Sorry, Im a french Canadian, and so, I don't fully understand fully all english words and expressions... :oops:
Life is a party
ROBERTS

Re: paperback editions

Post by ROBERTS »

I have an aunt who has lived in Montreal her whole life, I'm quite used to it, no problem...

Paperback editions are yes, like a big magazine. We call them Graphic Novels in the US. They are much higher quality than a magazine or comic book, using heavy high quality paper stocks and in large format.
arrakur

Post by arrakur »

I would like to stress that those a worth having. When I got "Circus Armageddon" in print, I realized that for the first time I really appreciated the art in it´s fullest. On a computer screen you tend to scroll up and down and flip through the pictures and pages too fast, sometimes. Holding those pages in your hands and turning them makes you pay more attention to all the tiny details you might have missed browsing through them on your screen.
You actually spend more time reading the comic and thereby enjoying it even more.
ifob8

Post by ifob8 »

Thank you guys for the infos. :)
Life is a party
ernestgreene

Post by ernestgreene »

I'm a great lover of print comics, and print in general, and always will be. It has a beauty all its own and it does encourage lingering over images until all the subtle details are visible.

I know print publishing is going through a tough period, but I don't agree with those who think it's on its way to extinction. The satisfaction of holding a real book in one's hands will always appeal to a large number of readers.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see print, particularly where visual content is concerned, making a comeback.
ifob8

Post by ifob8 »

I'm agreed with you. Sad only a few paperbacks of comics are available...would like the bauer twins series in paperback :roll:
Life is a party
Marty17

Post by Marty17 »

Having currently all 7 of Master Roberts comics on paperback, I would love to see more being released, e.g. 'Cheerleaders in Chains', 'War Slaves Part 1', 'Witch Hunt', etc.

& I agree with ifob8, would be great if at least 1 comic from other artists are considered for paperback release (I'm sure each artists have at least 1 very popular comic to make it worthy of a print)
Thon

Post by Thon »

I would love to see more printed editions. Esp Fernando's Twins and Cheerleader series.
Nuria

Post by Nuria »

Next paperback is 'The Runaway Daughter' by Moffett.
A most excellent comic. You can check the online version at
http://www.dofantasy.com/english/USAFC2 ... ughter.htm

:roll:
Gorskilla

Post by Gorskilla »

Any news on upcoming or new paperback issues available?