Victor Bruno was a woman!

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
comicglutton

Victor Bruno was a woman!

Post by comicglutton »

Today I read some astonishing news. For the last 25 years, I had mistakenly believed that the late,great, Victor Bruno was a man. However, if what I read is true, it appears that she was a woman writing under a male pseudonym ( think George Eliot). I suppose I should have guessed this long ago. The author had the great ability to get into the minds of her female characters, both the dominant types and the submissive. I love the Victor Bruno books and I am glad her true gender has at last been revealed :)
Last edited by comicglutton on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuria

Re: Victor Bruno was a woman!

Post by Nuria »

Mmmmm... I seriously doubt that. You know? Dofantasy started translating Victor Bruno's novels when the world was young, what now looks like thousands of years ago to me :roll: We licensed them (yes we've been always good guys) from Olympia Press in the UK -Bruno was British-. The guys at Olympia knew Victor Bruno in person and they always referred to him as a male.
That's all I can say.
Where did you hear that Comicglutton?
xxx
comicglutton

Post by comicglutton »

Obviously I can't vouch for the truth . Maybe Olympia referred to her as a man to protect her anonymity. I read it on the web at oldspankingpics.com.

It reads as follows:

....they were published by Ben Holloway, a gansgter type, prototypical sullivan. His wife went on to write a whole series of 'whip and slave' type books under the pseudonym Victor Bruno.

I can't prove the veracity of this statement...but it wouldn't surprise me. Victor Bruno did write some female domination titles as well. :roll:
Last edited by comicglutton on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

Well, we all know that the Internet is always a reliable source...
comicglutton

Post by comicglutton »

Ha! Ha! Roberts, you old cynic! Well, nothing has been proven either way..so I'm going to keep an open mind... We need to hear from someone in the know.
Krimson-Rage

Post by Krimson-Rage »

My mind isn't working properly today - I saw the thread title and read it as "Victor Buono"... What? The guy who played King Tut in BATMAN was a chick???
comicglutton

Post by comicglutton »

Krimson-Rage wrote:My mind isn't working properly today - I saw the thread title and read it as "Victor Buono"... What? The guy who played King Tut in BATMAN was a chick???

Well, maybe at the weekend! :D
comicglutton

Post by comicglutton »

I now have it on good authority that Victor Bruno was: drum roll....A MAN! Sorry folks :oops: