Acrobat Reader Slideshow turn off

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
Bratacc

Acrobat Reader Slideshow turn off

Post by Bratacc »

I´ve bought a whole stack of comics (Black Van 3-5, both Starfuckers and Slave TV). Theres a slideshow in all of them but Slave TV and I hate it. Its REALLY ANNOYING to have to go back to the previous page to finish reading it. So what do I do to deactivate this and enjoy the fabolous work in my own speed?
Bego

Re: Acrobat Reader Slideshow turn off

Post by Bego »

Dear friend, please, email us at webmaster@dofantasy.com. We'll try to help you.
Naj

Post by Naj »

Bratacc

Post by Bratacc »

Thanks all for teh fast help, I solved my little problem.
Bratacc

Post by Bratacc »

Hello everyone,

I`m afraid I have the same problem with the new version of acrobat that I recently installed. This annoying slideshow is active again and the first thing I tried was the solution I got from Naj, but this time it didn´t work. So if you have any other ideas I will be very grateful for them.

Greetings Bratacc
Naj

Post by Naj »

I checked and the command path is still valid in the new Acrobat version. The only thing I could think is try enabling the auto advance, closing Acrobat, then opening it again and turning it off and closing it again.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling Adobe Acrobat and reinstalling it.
Bratacc

Post by Bratacc »

Tried both and nothing works. De-installed my current version, got Version 11 and installed it. Nothing. Then enabled and disabled the function as you suggested, with the same negativ result.
Naj

Post by Naj »

Well, I'm not sure then. Was the file in question open when you enabled/disabled the auto advance setting or were you just working on a blank reader template? Does it auto advance on every pdf file or just one?

One thought might be to enable auto advance but set the time arbitrarily large, like 999 seconds. Might not work, but worth trying.

Some other things to try: https://forums.adobe.com/message/2922283

You could also try checking "ignore all transitions": https://forums.adobe.com/thread/602304?tstart=0
Bratacc

Post by Bratacc »

Okay, finaly found it. "Ignore all transitions" works. Thanks again for your help.