Bego I think I have an idea on how to stop piracy

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
ponygirlrider3

Bego I think I have an idea on how to stop piracy

Post by ponygirlrider3 »

I think I have an idea on how you could stop piracy if you're interest. However it would require some restructuring of dofantasy.com itself
Bego

Re: Bego I think I have an idea on how to stop piracy

Post by Bego »

of course, we fight against piracy, but it is a tough fight, almost impossible ... :cry: :cry: :cry:
ponygirlrider3

Post by ponygirlrider3 »

Okay, again this involves changing the dynamics of the site quite a bit. Instead of allowing your customers to buy and download the comic, put the full comic up on the site itself. And put the comic in a "read by click" format (look at any readable manga site to get the Gist of what I'm saying). And instead of charging for just one comic you could charge a monthly fee to allow viewers to read all the comics ($20-$30 a month seems fair). Just a suggestion, again you would need to reprogram Dofantasy all together, and if it didn't work out you could always go back to the original way. On a side note you could also put up a paypal donation box.
LOLord

Post by LOLord »

So,are you saying we should make customer hire comic temporarily instead of buy it permanently? I doubt people 'll like this! And pirate still can steal the comic easily by"screen capture"the comic!
ponygirlrider3

Post by ponygirlrider3 »

LOLord wrote:So,are you saying we should make customer hire comic temporarily instead of buy it permanently? I doubt people 'll like this! And pirate still can steal the comic easily by"screen capture"the comic!
Yes but you will get access to all the comics not just one. "screen Capture would be a pain in the ass", and I believe there are ways to block that as well.
LOLord

Post by LOLord »

ponygirlrider3 wrote:Yes but you will get access to all the comics not just one. "screen Capture would be a pain in the ass", and I believe there are ways to block that as well.
How inconvenience! "Get access to all the comics not just one" was not convenience as it sound. Every time you want to read a comic, you 'll have to have fast internet connection, and you 'll have to log in.
- If the customer have slow internet speed or lost internet connection (virus, malware..etc) since they already pay for us, does than mean we have responsibility to make their internet connection faster?( if it's not our responsibility, then we 'll lost that amount of customer)
- Huge amount of image won't load easily and quick enough! While with a pdf file already in your computer, you can grab a beer and enjoy the comic whatever you want
- When a customer buy some thing they want to own that stuff, not hire it. The customer love to dominating thing which they spend money on. (hire a stuff is alway cheaper than buy it, less "dominating" is obviously cheaper )
- We can have hire account and buy account at the same time, but if we make hire only and not sell stuff anymore, thing 'll get worse for sure!
fernandofan

Post by fernandofan »

Agreed. Ownership of the comic is preferred, especially since I truly only have an affinity for a select handful of artists on this site and could care less to see the content of other artists' comics. Buying only the comics I care about helps me control my costs, as opposed to the "bundle" idea, which is kind of how cable companies operate---want ESPN and a few other sports networks? Then pay for these 70 other channels that you will never watch.

Also, Lord is right. People just screen capture what they want to pirate. You can't prevent them from doing so. You just have to hope there are enough fans willing to pay for product so that artists will have financial incentive enough to continue producing comics.
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

A comixology style app/website would be a useful way of achieving this end.
TerminalWanderer

Post by TerminalWanderer »

ponygirlrider3 wrote:I think I have an idea on how you could stop piracy
Nothing is ever going to stop piracy. especially not any copy protection mechanism - these just punish honest customers and make pirating even more attractive.
"read by click" format [...]
a monthly fee to allow viewers to read all the comics [...]
I was wrong - you actually found a foolproof way of making sure nobody's going to pirate new comics - we just have to drive the company into the ground! ;)
On a side note you could also put up a paypal donation box.
dofantasy.com is a business, not a charity.
notOnce

Post by notOnce »

ponygirlrider3 wrote:Okay, again this involves changing the dynamics of the site quite a bit. Instead of allowing your customers to buy and download the comic, put the full comic up on the site itself. And put the comic in a "read by click" format (look at any readable manga site to get the Gist of what I'm saying). And instead of charging for just one comic you could charge a monthly fee to allow viewers to read all the comics ($20-$30 a month seems fair). Just a suggestion, again you would need to reprogram Dofantasy all together, and if it didn't work out you could always go back to the original way. On a side note you could also put up a paypal donation box.
http://bdsmartwork.com