Dof Comic with fitness girl, do you like it?

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
Demosthenes

Re: Dof Comic with fitness girl, do you like it?

Post by Demosthenes »

Frank Cho actually draws pretty feminine forms. If they do have muscles it is usually courtesy of their superhero status.

This image doesn't exactly scream bodybuilder to me. :)
LOLord

Post by LOLord »

Even so, I think Frank Cho's muscle girl still consider as a turn-off with Robert and many other guys around here!
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

BTW, thanks for sharing the link to Brenda's website, Roberts.
She is a very lovely woman. :234
Lucky bastard. :D ;)
Thon

Post by Thon »

LOLord - you should of course, at least try, to follow your own inspiration.

But you really must learn to handle critique, esp since it's you who asks for other peoples opinions of your work. If you don't like some of the feedback, just ignore that part of it, don't debate it. If you publish your work, expose it to others, you will get reactions. Hell, there's thousands of people out there who HATES Michael Jackson's music, and still no-one can ever say that the craftsmanship is crap or that there aren't a market for it...

For a very clear example, check out the cover polls that surfaces now and then on this forum. Same artist. All are good pictures. Still people prefer different pics. And some comment about how great one of the pics is, and how bad the others are...
inkotanyi

Post by inkotanyi »

Honestly, I think there's some miscommunication here, though of course everyone speaks for himself. I don't think the example image LOLord gave depicts a "female bodybuilder." She's a bit "thick" in the muscles instead of "curvy," I agree. But for reference, this is a female bodybuilder, and LOLord's example image is not that.

While some may like that, when I think of Amazons, I am not thinking of female bodybuilders but female figure athletes / competitors. Like this. I'd say she's curvy and feminine but obviously lifts weights based on the thigh development. That's what I like, and that's why I like Feather's girls the most.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

I'm strictly talking about LoLord's muscle girls. Too much. Way WAY over the top.
The Frank Cho image is just a fit girl..not a muscle girl.

As I said, put it out there. Bring your vehicle out onto the battlefield of ideas and the marketplace.
We will then see all we need to know.
LOLord

Post by LOLord »

You can see the same amount of muscle "over the top" right here:
herbergeur d image
For the my comic, I 'm working on it right now, but it'll be very very slow progress :22
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Frank Cho's most famous creation, Brandy from Liberty Meadows, was meant as a very obvious nod to Dave Stevens Bettie Page artwork.

So I would certainly count him amongst the lovers of classic erotica, and not so much a man focused on any niche. :)

LOLord, the muscles in that last image are just courtesy of the character being a hero and looking the part.
LOLord

Post by LOLord »

So a jungle girl who swinging and running with her bare feet can't have muscle like my character?? Since i tend to make a wild girl with a little sun burn, she can have enough muscle to fit with her role, can't she?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I never said she could not have any muscles, so... :?