The artist's techinque

Talk about anything off the top of your head. Chat, socialize, anything...
ifob8

The artist's techinque

Post by ifob8 »

I may seem to be coming out of a cavern (lol) but I really tought the artists of Dofantasy were drawing their comics by hand...and then scanning them...or someting like that...And then I thought they could perhaps use a kind of electronic pad with a stylus (connected to a computer) to draw their comics.

Then I have seen a video here, on Dofantasy (or on Cagri's site...?) showing the technique...

Do you artists of Dofantasy draw you comics directly on the computor with the mouse? (That is what I think I've seen in the video...)

If you create you're comics that way, it must be hard to not use you're hand directly but rather the pointer of a mouse, for a pencil...

So, artists of Dofantasy, what technique do you use?
Life is a party
STeve

Re: The artist's techinque

Post by STeve »

I use a graphics pad, which most probably do, but I know that some use a Cintiq, which, I am told, is more like drawing on to paper.
ifob8

Post by ifob8 »

Thank you very much for the information. :) I went to see what a Cintiq looks like. Man, it really seems to be high-tech! Seems nice to use! Expensive?
Life is a party
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

You can get a detailed overview of the hardware by going to Wacom at their website. Wacom graphics interface systems have been the industry standard for over a decade, making it possible to draw into a computer software like Photoshop or Illustrator with the electronic stylus. You have not seen a single magazine, website, or motion picture animation or special effect in the past 15 years which has not been digitally produced using these tools. Comic book art was revolutionized by this tool set, making it possible for a single artist to speed up production by a huge amount. Before computers and especially Wacom, it took a huge amount of labor and time to produce each finished color page.
I will take this opportunity to stand up for the Dinosaurs and Luddites of the world. I'm from the Old School, having been a professional graphics artist / illustrator for a very long time..I still draw my pencil sketch on paper, then ink it precisely with a drafting pen. I scan the finished line art on a large flatbed scanner into Photoshop, then do the paint. I'm about the only one in comics art of any kind still doing traditional artwork at a drafting table.
ifob8

Post by ifob8 »

Thank you very much, Robert, for the infos.
You really seem to put a lot effort in the comics you create. That's nice. :)
Life is a party