Fernando

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
Rud3b0y

Re: Fernando

Post by Rud3b0y »

Have to agree, he has gone from the world of BD art, and we will probably never find out why. Merrick his last collaborator, and neither Bego have heard from him. Last I heard Ernest Greene, mentioned on another forum he was happy getting into his nature photography now, so I take that as a sign he has moved on.

Speaking to other artists, there is somewhat of a limit to how much artists of a high calibre can keep going. It’s as if they have a certain amount of creative output and passion that they either blow their load, so to speak, or trickle it out. I suspect hearing from other artists the passion is just not there anymore. One big BD artist once said as you get older the testosterone gets less and the rage you have to kick out this ‘deviant art’ becomes more of a chore.

To paraphrase a ‘wise man’; The life that burns twice as bright burns half as long. And Fernando had burnt so very very brightly. He did some extraordinary things. And we reveled in his time!"

Will anyone ever pick up the mantel……..probably but it will be very different. For me anyways for the time being. Both Moffett and Arieta fill the void left by Fernando. Let’s hope for some great content in 2024.
minerjack

Post by minerjack »

I wish he at least told us. Either way I wish the best for him.
rabih103

Post by rabih103 »

Rud3b0y wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:03 pm Have to agree, he has gone from the world of BD art, and we will probably never find out why. Merrick his last collaborator, and neither Bego have heard from him. Last I heard Ernest Greene, mentioned on another forum he was happy getting into his nature photography now, so I take that as a sign he has moved on.

Speaking to other artists, there is somewhat of a limit to how much artists of a high calibre can keep going. It’s as if they have a certain amount of creative output and passion that they either blow their load, so to speak, or trickle it out. I suspect hearing from other artists the passion is just not there anymore. One big BD artist once said as you get older the testosterone gets less and the rage you have to kick out this ‘deviant art’ becomes more of a chore.

To paraphrase a ‘wise man’; The life that burns twice as bright burns half as long. And Fernando had burnt so very very brightly. He did some extraordinary things. And we reveled in his time!"

Will anyone ever pick up the mantel……..probably but it will be very different. For me anyways for the time being. Both Moffett and Arieta fill the void left by Fernando. Let’s hope for some great content in 2024.
I agree but my must buy on that site are Predondo and kittyhand , Moffet and arieta and celsestin are good , the other are mehhhh.
Rud3b0y

Post by Rud3b0y »

Well, hopefully Arieta and Moffet go top of the list for some people as the stuff they are working on at the moment is dynamite, follow ups to the Voyages of the Trader comic and Celestine is doing something different too which looks hella promising which is expanding his art. Hopefully plenty of content to make us forget Fernando in 2024 (Though it will be difficult).