SKARAB

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
skarab

SKARAB

Post by skarab »

WORKING TITLE:
The Stalker

PROGRESS: ARTWORK STAGE
COVERPAGES 100%
COLORING: 45%

SCRIPT:
Better Adjusted

DATE:
Last edited by skarab on Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
skarab

Re: SKARAB

Post by skarab »

leoma02134 wrote:
skarab wrote:
surrenderdorathy wrote:Arieta, do you do commissions?
I am open available for commissions. Hope you've seen the sample I did for you HERE
People hardly know your works since you don't have your own comics published.
I think you should post more pics to promote yourself.
That also will show your ability to meet the deadline if working on actual comics. Maybe that will impress Bego or a writer who may wish to work with you.
You claim the drawing you showed in your last post took you 4 hours. That is way too long for that quality of the art.
You're absolutely correct in all the points you've highlighted.

Despite being accustomed to draw using the computer mouse, it's still not reasonable excuse on my side to justify why my drawings/artwork may sometime takes time because I like to think of my technique as been fast.

My delays are in fact due to recurring personal challenges that conflicts with my enthusiasm for this work of fantasy.

I am working on my debut comic for DoFantasy as I would be sending my 4 finished cover pages to Bego in few days time.

I can assure you the quality of art in my debut comics will be far more better than the hurriedly done ones you're judging by.

I appreciate your feedback/criticism and I promise to improve in my delivery.

Thanks!
skarab

Post by skarab »

WORKING TITLE:
The Stalker

UPDATE:
Cover Pages: Completed
Current stage: Page 3 artwork
leoma02134

Post by leoma02134 »

Show us more pictures instead of just text of your working progress.
I believe showing your progress with pictures will help your popularity. Any sketch will do.
But post with only text will do the opposite.
None of any established artists have ever done it.
Combine this with the fact that you have not published any comics yet.
This will damage your image as a professional artist.
skarab

Post by skarab »

leoma02134 wrote:Show us more pictures instead of just text of your working progress.
I believe showing your progress with pictures will help your popularity. Any sketch will do.
But post with only text will do the opposite.
None of any established artists have ever done it.
Combine this with the fact that you have not published any comics yet.
This will damage your image as a professional artist.
Well, if I was in a country where stable electricity wasn't a big issue combined with other surmounting challenges, I might be able to afford regualar postings of more artworks than I'd done on other threads.
I was working on Herdsmen From Hell but had to botch it as I could have any headway with the script... I will post some stuff from it shortly.
leoma02134

Post by leoma02134 »

You could ask Naj for a script since his regular artist Celestin is not working with him for the last comics. There may be a chance.
skarab

Post by skarab »

skarab wrote:
leoma02134 wrote:You could ask Naj for a script since his regular artist Celestin is not working with him for the last comics. There may be a chance.
Thing is I already have my very own stories / concept ideas and Naj (and others) I suppose are already swarmed with projects. I just needed someone good to help me build-on and develop my own stories into full scripted illustrate-able work as explained asked HERE] but SurferChick disappointed me so I am alone working solo: story, script, artwork, coloring, dialogues. Note that I use mouse and keyboard to draw on CorelDRAW (so it isn't easy). Below are some from the shelved artworks I said was going to post. I am not proud of them as they're somehow below standard to the artworks in ones I am currently working on for The Stalker working title project.
Last edited by skarab on Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skarab

Post by skarab »

TITLE: Herdsmen From Hell

skarab

Post by skarab »

skarab

Post by skarab »