SKARAB

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
leoma02134

Re: SKARAB

Post by leoma02134 »

You are not going anywhere until you get rid of that stupid mouse drawing technique.
All you need is a tablet and photoshop.
How much will it cost to get a Wacom tablet in your country?
A solid Intous Pro costs you around $100 on eBay with a pen, less than a single-page pay rate for a Dofan comics.
If that is still too much for you, I can ship my old Intous III to you for free. (still working well)
Truth hurts sometimes. It is sad when people can't recognize friends from foes.
skarab

Post by skarab »

leoma02134 wrote:You are not going anywhere until you get rid of that stupid mouse drawing technique.
All you need is a tablet and photoshop.
How much will it cost to get a Wacom tablet in your country?
A solid Intous Pro costs you around $100 on eBay with a pen, less than a single-page pay rate for a Dofan comics.
If that is still too much for you, I can ship my old Intous III to you for free. (still working well)
Truth hurts sometimes. It is sad when people can't recognize friends from foes.
In retrospect, I realize I can do better than The Taming of The Three artwork here: https://www.dofantasyforum.com/viewtopi ... 595#p14595

As they say in my native language, there was something the rooster pecks and feed on before the coming of corns. Artist made use of the mouse before the advent of digitizers/graphic-tablet which Wacom is a brand of. On behalf of someone, I made use of the serial ball-point mouse to create beautiful 2D animations for TVs on the Amiga computers using Dan Silva's Deluxe Paint from EA.

An artist drawing techniques remains the same be it a Huion or Wacom or a mouse and certainly may evolve.

I loved Ron Wagney and Ron Garney penciling on Morbius, Midnight Sons and The NightStalker series but feel bad whenever I see Isaac Cordova's brought into the team as his technique was unpalatable to me eg Ghost Rider Annual #1 so I understand your feelings.

But know this - the last time I attempted using a tablet to illustrate, it was as if a two-year old would do better and I figured it will take me time to adapt back to it. The tablet or mouse doesn't determine the strokes. The artist and the software used does as you can see in the screenshots below.

However, I totally agree with you that in respect to the coloring department - YES I could really use a tablet as it would make my painting faster. The mouse tend to be slow and inprecise.

E-mail me on skarabdsm@gmail.com or message me on Discord: SKARAB#8317 and I will send you some snippets of what's I am working on and I assure you that it's far from all you've seen on this thread. We can discuss about the Intuos 3 also to speed up my coloring.

Cheers

If you remain unsatisfied, then my response is - "oga dey fi mi le jor"
skarab

Post by skarab »

In the screenshot above, it took me precisely 5minutes to change the posture of The Stalker's victim below with CorelDraw strokes and modify some add-ons to The Stalker character. It is totally different from the done and dusted colored completion of the same cover page artworks of 4 sent to Bego.

My point is ...

Make best use of what you got, every one is unique. I embraced mine.

I think you're unnecessarily needlessly been vitriolic towards me when you said "get rid of that stupid mouse drawing technique"
leoma02134

Post by leoma02134 »

Before tablets became reliable tools we could utilize, we drew comics with pencil and pen on paper. Many Fansadox comics were drawn on paper. None was made with a computer mouse.

Your pictures look like you are inking a drawing without pencil sketches.
All professional artists use the pencil to lay the structure line, perspective line, and many auxiliary lines.
It doesn't matter with an actual pencil or a digital one.
The finished picture only shows less than 10% lines they have drawn.

Of all those wannabe comics creators, only a tiny percentage will leave an impression on readers. Even a lesser percentage became a professional.

Life is neither easy nor fair, and it will take more than enthusiasm to succeed. For those who fail to keep up, they will fade away from audience memories.

And you, my friend, have a very long way to go.
skarab

Post by skarab »

leoma02134 wrote:Before tablets became reliable tools we could utilize, we drew comics with pencil and pen on paper. Many Fansadox comics were drawn on paper. None was made with a computer mouse.

Your pictures look like you are inking a drawing without pencil sketches.
All professional artists use the pencil to lay the structure line, perspective line, and many auxiliary lines.
It doesn't matter with an actual pencil or a digital one.
The finished picture only shows less than 10% lines they have drawn.

Of all those wannabe comics creators, only a tiny percentage will leave an impression on readers. Even a lesser percentage became a professional.

Life is neither easy nor fair, and it will take more than enthusiasm to succeed. For those who fail to keep up, they will fade away from audience memories.

And you, my friend, have a very long way to go.
I was referring to the advent of digital pencilling not back to the era of paper penciling.

FYI, there are artist who still draw with mouse and I think the bias in your criticism originates from not been able to accept that art is art regardless of how it’s made.

I don’t know about now but I’m pretty sure Pixar at one time pride itself for delivering the production without using at motion capture cutting edge tech, only one out of million would be hypercritical about that as I suspect you’re doing on this.

I’m pretty sure these argument wouldn’t exist if I hadn’t reveal how do my artwork.

What’s may appeal professionally to you is unprofessional to another.

It’s all a matter of opinion. There are some DoFansadox artist I see a lot of errors in their comics but they have their fans and what really matters at the end of the day is the damn story!.

For you to say…. Because you’re don’t see pencil lines and sketches etc, therefore it’s not done well is just been just don’t hold water.

FYI that’s even exactly how I devised my technique and it’s so seamless. I draw on paper then scan and ink on CorelDraw, over the years I just do the drawing directly at the top my head.

Wait till my debut comic get published, no one force you or anyone to read it or not, those who will buy will buy… and those who wouldn’t would not.

Grab a mouse and try drawing anything meaningful with it.

As far going far in this, I don’t intend to. I showed an old time friend who came visiting last week some part of the artwork and he said “Bro you’re sick!” I had to remind him that I’m only doing this for the “mulah” as I ain’t no misogynist, so no capping. I have about 20 different comic stories, once I’m done with about 10. I’m off!

It’s raining cats and dogs here. Cars almost submerged in horrible roads with no drainage as pupils walk on water flood. A glimpse of how terribly bad the failed country is. Point is - we make do with what we have as survivors.

Have a nice day.
leoma02134

Post by leoma02134 »

It all starts when you introduce yourself as an incoming Fansadox artist.
Otherwise, we won't have this conversation.
What bothers me is I can't figure out which Dofan artist or which Fansadox issue inspired you to think your art could be their equal and that you could make your own Fansadox comics.
For all my time and efforts on this topic and professional courtesy, You owe me an answer.
Please enlighten me on this matter, I beg you.
skarab

Post by skarab »

leoma02134 wrote:It all starts when you introduce yourself as an incoming Fansadox artist.
What bothers me is I can't figure out which Dofan artist or which Fansadox issue inspired you to think your art could be their equal and that you could make your own Fansadox comics.
For all my time and efforts on this topic and professional courtesy, You owe me an answer.
Fernando and Templeton.
leoma02134

Post by leoma02134 »

skarab wrote:
leoma02134 wrote:It all starts when you introduce yourself as an incoming Fansadox artist.
Fernando and Templeton.
You think Fernando and Templeton are your equals?
I thought you are serious all those times, but now I know there was something seriously wrong with you.

No, sir, I don't think they are your equals.
skarab

Post by skarab »

leoma02134 wrote:
skarab wrote:
Fernando and Templeton.
You think Fernando and Templeton are your equals?
I thought you are serious all those times, but now I know there was something seriously wrong with you.

No, sir, I don't think they are your equals.
Bro take a chill pill.

I never equated myself with anyone.

You begged to know whose works I took inspirations from...

I answered.

You, in your sinister plot, twisted it to mean ‘equals’!

Footballers inspires footballers. It doesn’t make them equals.

Was Cagri art of 2004 the same as of 2022?

He evolved over time and imported as did every creatives.

If you still can’t grasp that, I insist you taking up a mouse, better still summon your Intuos and sketch something out and let me see.

You’re not even a critic as I presumed.

You can keep the troll change.

Cheers!
leoma02134

Post by leoma02134 »

You must misunderstand my question, sir.
I will make it extra clear this time:
I am asking which particular Dofan artist has done such a horrible job that makes a talentless amateur such as you get this crazy idea to pitch your own Fansadox comics.

What amazed me is that you have the nerve to post your name on the "contact the artists" forum like you are one of the actual creators.

Dofan artists put Dofantasy's watermark on their work because they have to since they sold exclusive rights to Dofan.
You, sir. Voluntarily watermark your drawing to an organization that has nothing to do with you. It not only shows your lack of self-respect but taints the brand.

I wouldn't be begging you for an answer if your skills were anywhere close to 2004's Cagri.

I don't have to show you my drawing because my work is still on Dofan's front page. You are not.

I wish to remain anonymous because my colleague will be laughing their ass off, for I have a soft spot for helping struggling BDSM artists that, unfortunately, end up wasting my time with you here.

In the end, I still wish you good luck and success, but our conversation ended here.