SKARAB

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
skarab

Re: SKARAB

Post by skarab »

TITLE: Herdsmen From Hell

skarab

Post by skarab »

skarab

Post by skarab »

skarab

Post by skarab »

Sending more when I can
leoma02134

Post by leoma02134 »

Any specific Dofan artist you have modeled on?
I recall you have said your comics will be story-heavy.
I highly recommend you collaborate with a writer and focus your effort on graphics since your picture is less than ideal.
skarab

Post by skarab »

leoma02134 wrote:Any specific Dofan artist you have modeled on?
I recall you have said your comics will be story-heavy.
I highly recommend you collaborate with a writer and focus your effort on graphics since your picture is less than ideal.
I don't get what you mean by specific artist I have modeled on. Care to expatiate.

And yes just some of my comics would be story-laden but not all.

As you're yet to see any of my recent works you shouldn't judge my prowess based on any of the posted artworks on this forum particularly the one posted on this thread which are 2019/20.

In as much as I'm pretty open to collaborate with any writer, I don't think my pictures are less than ideal judging from what I have cooking. What may be ideal to you may be whack to another. I appreciate criticism but don't need discouraging words.

No idea how difficult it is to draw and paint with the mouse. It's not even about how I've gotten so used to it. It's the iota of passion left in me that keeps me working, albeit slowly.

Below is just one of many frames of an attempted animation loop I was animating for DoFantasyForum in 2018 titled 'Candice: A Trio of Sickos', I just had to shelved at the 92nd frame. Not easy.

Anyone may judge my skill based on that frame alone not knowing I intentionally had to make it low-res for certain technical reasons best known to me.

Last edited by skarab on Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leoma02134

Post by leoma02134 »

All those Dofan artists have their drawing styles. How to ink and render your drawing significantly affects the panel laying and shot taking.
The optimal combination takes years to develop. Modeling specific Dofan artists will be a shortcut to publishing your comics successfully.

There are certain traits of an amateur artist:
They are trying to appear as an affiliate to an established platform to get some legitimacy.
They want future audience recognition but are uncertain if the work is good enough.
They always leave room for excuses. All the drawings posted are either rushed or old.
The tool didn't fit, which caused difficulty in getting it all out.
It is understandable; every artist did those things at some point in their career.
But if you want to make an impression on people, give everything you got; otherwise, it wastes your time.

I admire your passion, but if you think your art is good enough for Fansadox comics, you must be delusional, and you wonder why Bego is not replying to your emails?
Nobody here wishes to discourage you, but I started to think it would be unethical not to tell you the truth:
you have a long way to go to be a professional.
skarab

Post by skarab »

Where in my posts have I expressed uncertainty in regards to my artworks to be good enough for future audience. I’ve been following some great artists here since 2007 and I’m cognizant of how they started out in respect to the evolution of their artworks then and now.

So no matter how harsh your comments seethe with aspersions, it won’t dampen my spirit. The confidence I have in my artwork remains intact and will evolve.

On the other hand, I appreciate the push and impetus you seem to be stimulating in me but its nevertheless preposterous of you to assume Bego who’s obviously swarmed with projects tasks does not reply me. Ofcourse she does as we keep in touch from time to time as did Nuria.

You appear to be draw conclusion regarding my art style based on the ones I’ve posted on this thread, they are but old crayons just to keep the thread active as per your request, no where near what I have in store as I work on my debut.

If only we are very close friends having each other emails I might have whet your appetite with just a page of the artwork and I bet you’ll approve.

One thing you’ve made me learn on here is why most artist don’t engage in banter. Therefore I’ll like you to learn one thing too.

Imagine yourself immersed and living in a world with no access to stable electricity wherever you go and as a drifter equipped with just a Dell laptop and a mouse with no permanent place to stay, who despite struggling with hernia you still gotta laboriously work your ass off at various car wash just to survive on the pittance you earn, feeling glad the generator used at the gritty car wash charged your laptop full, resuming back at the hovel where thieves, hoodlums and miscreants abound, you set out to work as you lay inconveniently positioned at mostly awkward angle, you strive to hone the story you’ve invented in your head into scripts forms, fighting off barrage of stubborn mosquitoes after mosquitoes you begin to mouse scrub artlines on the screen hoping to deliver the best you can given the circumstances!

The scenario Trevor Noah described in his ‘vacation joke’ was even mild compared to the reality many people go thru in third world.

But… Necessity, as they say is the mother of all invention!

I’ll try and do better if not for everyone, at least you.

Cheers!
leoma02134

Post by leoma02134 »

I am sorry to hear you have harsh living surroundings, But sadly the customers only care about the end products.

I suggest you try to post your pics on Hentai-foundry.
They will evaluate the work submitted to see if they can pass their standard.
Of all artists who post there, only less than 10% are professionals.
I will write you a full apology once they allow you to post one of your works there.
skarab

Post by skarab »

leoma02134 wrote:I am sorry to hear you have harsh living surroundings, But sadly the customers only care about the end products.

I suggest you try to post your pics on Hentai-foundry.
They will evaluate the work submitted to see if they can pass their standard.
Of all artists who post there, only less than 10% are professionals.
I will write you a full apology once they allow you to post one of your works there.
I used to post artworks on Hentai-Foundry per someone's suggestion on DoForum. Eventually, I had to remove my artworks there and deactivate my account since I wasn't getting any feedback. Lots of artists there.

The apology isn't necessary.

Even though life isn't fair, humans shouldn't absolute in their supposition when their disposition to be judgmental gets the best of them.