enter:SKARAB...(intro + artworks)

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
skarab

enter:SKARAB...(intro + artworks)

Post by skarab »

Hello Do-Fans.

I’m SKARAB, a Corelstrator.

WHO IS A CORELSTRATOR ?
I had to come up with the term Corelstrator to differentiate between a drawing technique of my own devise using a trio of resource tools, and the conventional methods used by graphic and comic artists. By trio, I am referring specifically to the combined utilization of a computer mouse, a keyboard and a vector-based graphic software that can be very strenuous for making free-hand drawings called CorelDraw!

A Corelstrator would be any digital artist who can bend CorelDraw to do his artistic will, to make artwork illustrations that will appear as though it was drawn with the aid of a graphic-tablet/stylus pen or on any screen-basedtha drawing device with digitizing technology such as a Wacom Cinqtiq, Apple iPad or Samsung tablets.

WHY THE NEEDLESS STRESS / LABOR ?
Well...I guess “necessity” as they say...” is the mother of invention”, because aside from not been able to afford a Wacom tablet (expensive then), I’ve accustomed myself to making low-res 2D drawings and animations using the ball-mouse on an ancient software called DeluxePaint IV/V, those were during the period when the defunct Amiga computers still reigned supreme in the world of Titling & Captioning where I'm from.

To cut long story short, fast forward to when PCs begin to become common, I eventually had to learn CorelDraw since it was the most used app by most graphics houses where I'm from. While most use it for basic graphic works, I had to teach myself on how it can be used to draw whatever it is I can think of, as I perceive the illustrations from my mind’s eye. Painstaking though, I finally got to master a process of employing this same CorelDraw everyone uses in the press/graphic industry for designing ID-cards, fliers, pamphlets, church posters etc. to make draw just about anything I can conjure into my thoughts. I became so swift at it; at times some drawings may take time but I eventually get the job done. In general, I illustrate basically on CorelDraw and digital color on Photoshop, both done with the mouse. People find it hard to believe my artworks (non-BDSM) are drawn at the top of my head by just using a mouse. In short, it is better seen in performance than to explain.

HOW DID YOU FIND YOUR PENCHANT FOR BDSM ARTWORKS
During the teenage years, in secondary school days, the only reason I once had a 40 leaves bignote filled with Biro drawings of obscene illustrations of the extreme types was the internal gratification that shot briefly through me as I relish seeing how them boys get themselves sunk in mesmerism flipping thru those pages of carnal depiction, even fighting over it for been the next in line to view. It drove me to do more and more. The unguarded demand of this secret book from me eventually led to us all getting caught as it came out to the open, to which were all admonished. They were quite the extreme but not as misogynistically brutal as what I would later come to discover as 'BDSM' on the internet in years to come.

Gradually as time went on, regular graphic work began to decline in lucrativeness, as every Tom, Dick and Harry muzzled their way in to take every available work, ready to accept whatever unprofessional amount a confused and kitschy client offers. Today, it is not just cutting it for me as it used to.

OKAY, SO WHY HERE?
I want to draw BDSM comics full-time for Dofantasy as a full time artist. For three reasons; recompense, concupiscence and financial in that order.
Recompense: I want to believe a chasm of redundancy have sucked my talents away into a realm of creative nothingness all these years (long story), DoFantasy not only provide a channel for me to compensate myself by filling this huge void of my creative life.
Concupiscence: In spite of spending an immense time of my comic-chasing years on Marvel/DC/Image//Valiant/Dark-Horse/Malibu comics/characters, I find it hard to detach myself from the spell of erotic stuffs. [...]<----To cut a long story I just typed here short; I actually stumbled on DoFantasy after hopping through a plethora of websites which originated from just one website I decided to check out in one of the three UK monthly magazine I bought by chance at the local vendor, called Bizzare!
Financial: Discovering DoFantasy, I familiarized myself with the nature of their BDSM fantasy comics which made me concluded I would like to one day work for them. However back then, I wasn't that good in digital coloring as was noticeable in the two samples I sent Nuria (of blessed memory) but onto which she gave me an encouraging respond, however tribulations among other challenges had me constrained from doing anything worthwhile pertaining to BDSM comics nor artwork for that matter. Luckily the desire lingered, and now it burns so much that I have various BDSM concept stories akin to I'd love published at DOFantasy,

GOT ANY WORK TO SHOW US HERE TO SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE OR CAN DO?
Unfortunately none, things are so bad where I'm from that I barely try to put down my thoughts and idea because of too much hunger. There are no stable electric power supply, poverty and crime abounds and everything now is just insane.

Gocha!...

That was me kidding!

Though, there are no excuse for indolence, but things aren't as easy as it is outside where I'm from.

I could churn out several artwork a week knowing full well my capacity to work but I'm greatly limited by my current computer setup to operate at Kindly take the time out to inspect and express critical view on some artworks I’ve posted below, which in order to make, I needed to halt a BDSM comic I’m currently working on as my debut for DoFantasy.com, titled T.S.

I hope I’m officially welcomed among the DoF community here.

Also, feel free to ask any question as I am also open to accept any bdsm art commission just as much as I’m willing to collaborate with any in-house bdsm writer like Sarenaph, Naj and whoever Begona might like to tag me up with.

Life in the country I happen to be unfortunately born into is a daily struggle.

So your kind support and encouragement would be gvery much appreciated.

It's been quite a long read.

I appreciate you the reader for clicking this thread and taking the time out to read my intro, and please don't forget to contribute to the suffering of Candice which I'll post last as I upload some artworks below.

Thank you.
skarab

Re: enter:SKARAB...(intro + artworks)

Post by skarab »

Click on image to view in full resolution.

Pilferage Rehabilation Center For The Unrepentant at Heart
skarab

Post by skarab »

Freedom Not Guaranteed
Last edited by skarab on Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skarab

Post by skarab »

Mistaken Identity: Wrong Candice in Captivity
skarab

Post by skarab »

How would you prefer to see the real CANDICE suffer in captivity?

Click on the gif animation below to get teleported to a thread on this forum where you can cast your vote.

Last edited by skarab on Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leoma02134

Post by leoma02134 »

you have to use a tablet if you are serious about the business.
line arts are the base of all comics style drawing, the vector-based drawing never looks as good due to lack of line weight.
you also need a tablet to color your work if you wish it is done professionally.
vector-based graphic for comics drawing is a dead end, a failure of investment of your time.
eldar

Post by eldar »

I liked your artwork and I admire your efforts to post them here.
imarabbit

Post by imarabbit »

It is a good start but your style and lines are amateur. You also need to practise and improve your colouring.
skarab

Post by skarab »

imarabbit wrote:It is a good start but your style and lines are amateur. You also need to practise and improve your colouring.
Thanks for sharing your view.
I raised the outline width to 3 as you can see in the attached artwork I just made below, would you prefer it much thicker or thinner ?
Also notice the difference in th coloring of the bunny-guy and that of Candice below, which would you prefer ? Just curious.

@iamrabbit @leoma02134
May I ask, what makes an excellent BDSM comic so good, the artwork or the story ? I know both are equally important, but would you mind a BDSM comic with wacky story but with artworks that particularly looks great in your view or a captivating/good story with excusable artwork ?

Last edited by skarab on Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skarab

Post by skarab »

eldar wrote:I liked your artwork and I admire your efforts to post them here.
THANK Y :) U, much appreciated.
I will be posting more artworks here from time to time. In the meantime as I work on my debut comic (T.S.) so am I working alongside on an artwork for the Suffering of Candice [in Captivity], rhe artwork is based on a projected outcome of would-be votes. You may cast your vote if you haven’t yet by clicking HERE
Last edited by skarab on Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.