Question for ALL the Artists

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
Naj

Question for ALL the Artists

Post by Naj »

Out of curiosity, how long does it take YOU (yes, you!) to finish a comic? I realize that everyone has their own pace and their own demands (family, job, stress, etc) which will cause it to vary, but I was just curious how long it takes each person to go from "I have an idea" to "send it off to Bego"?
ROBERTS

Re: Question for ALL the Artists

Post by ROBERTS »

I'm mood driven. And i don't write scripts. Takes me forever, months to do a 45 pg...my OCD precision line art complex slows me down terribly too..I pretty much draw a comic straight out of my sick mind a scene at a time depending on how excited I personally get about that action..
musicman89

Post by musicman89 »

Hello to the artists. I've recently become a fan of the comics. Super awesome! I was wondering though if any of the artists work off scripts that someone wrote for them? If there's some sort of policy or just a preference to work off your own material, I'm cool with that. But I would pay top dollar to see a story from my own head be illustrated by one the artists. Thoughts?
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

Some will consider it. Expect a price between $3500 and $5000. Most artists will have clear 'no go' areas too regarding certain subject matter. Bear in mind that many artists have a number of projects and commitments too so even if they do take commissions, if your idea doesn't excite them or the timing is bad, they may politely refuse anyway.

I've worked with a number of artists on various projects. Drop me an email and I'll be happy to chat.

sarenaph @ btinternet .com (remove the three spaces)
Last edited by Sarenaph on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

I wasn't aware that we had signed on an agent..
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

Ha I wish! I've never made a cent off someone else's work. That'd be nice!

I started out with the same questions a few years back so I'm happy to help another forum user out.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

Well if you manage to book new work for me, I'll cut you in for a standard 10% no problem...
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

If I can help putting a potential bit of business your way and it all comes together to both your satisfaction it'll be my pleasure. That said, a bottle of scotch never offends! ;-)
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

We'll see what we can do..