PLANET VALTROM by MONTAL POSTED!

Forum and site news and announcements
eldar

Re: PLANET VALTROM by MONTAL POSTED!

Post by eldar »

Thank you Sarenaph you saved me 19.99. I am particularly fond of nipple rings.
I will not be buying this one now.

However, there is an old saying 'Never judge a book by the cover.'

If you have a look at the cover of Dead Shark Island 2- the blonde is never in that situation.
Cherleaders 7- we see Dawn being tied to a bed in her cheerleader outfit, we do not see that scene. Nor do we see Anna with a ring gag and plug.
Cheerleaders Dreadful Reunion -we do not see Chris with the four buckle arm restraint that is shown on the cover. I am sure that there are other.

I do agree, though, that if we see a girl with piercings on the cover it should be in the comic.
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

I think you bring up some interesting examples. I agree that it is acceptable for the exact scene to not necessarily appear in the comic, but as part of the appeal of DoFantasy is having great art visualising some of our fantasies, if I were a fan of plugs and ring gags I'd be dissapointed if it didn't appear in a particular comic that had such a scene on the cover.

I thought The Hotel, Twins 4 and Beyond the Frozen Sea were all great examples of using scenes from the comic to good effect.
comicglutton

Post by comicglutton »

The lack of nipple rings was not an issue with me.....plenty of other things to enjoy in the comic. :t
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

Absolutely, as I said in my first post: an "otherwise excellent comic"

I'm just dissapointed that one of my personal interests was piqued like a galleon gaining wind in her sails only to be dashed on the cruel rocks of dissapointment!

I'm sure I'll get over it....

Eventually....

Like I did with 'The 4th Wife'....

And 'Invaders Wild Orgy'... ;)
Kelswa

Post by Kelswa »

Well, I agree with the others here who were disapointed, too.
No, rings at all after a teaser cover. :x
ustaroga

Post by ustaroga »

Aside from the arguments about nipple rings and teaser covers, I would like to say how wonderful it was to have a comic with a broad Gorean theme. Are there any plans to have more of these? There was an attempt to produce a graphic novel in the 1990s based on Dancer of Gor (one of my favourites) which foundered on the censorship grounds prevalent then, but the author has said that he would still be keen to see something done along those lines. Dofantasy with its great stable of artists would be ideally placed to do this. Otherwise still be great to see more like this from Montal, nipple rings or not!
petkajira

Post by petkajira »

[quote="ustaroga"]Aside from the arguments about nipple rings and teaser covers, I would like to say how wonderful it was to have a comic with a broad Gorean theme. Are there any plans to have more of these? There was an attempt to produce a graphic novel in the 1990s based on Dancer of Gor (one of my favourites) which foundered on the censorship grounds prevalent then, but the author has said that he would still be keen to see something done along those lines. Dofantasy with its great stable of artists would be ideally placed to do this. Otherwise still be great to see more like this from Montal, nipple rings or not![/quote]

New member here, and I do agree that Gorean themes are exciting. For myself, I read captive of Gor and Slave Girl of Gor when I was 15 and I was hooked on at least the idea of sexual slavery. Another aspect that was deliciously terrifying was that it could happen on some remote planet from where there is no escape. Oh my...

Being kajira is quite a fetish for me, with the imagery of the girls bound and barefoot, vulnerable, and the degrading punishments... I do have a few other weird fetishes as well. :twisted: (Not all of those are extraterrestrial.)

I hope there are others here who are fascinated by being taken as slaves on far planets. Before I joined I was browsing the "space sex opera" type comics, and I find those very well done here.
ustaroga

Post by ustaroga »

I agree, petkajira. Being a slavegirl on another planet without hope of escape, isolated, illiterate, and a barbarian is a delicious fantasy, and one that the Gor series has developed very well, especially in the slavegirl POV books. I always enjoy more the Dofantasy comics where the slave girl is alone and friendless, such as Siberian Madhouse or Orc Counterpart World, by Templeton.
You mention space-sex-opera comics. Can you give any examples of this genre? Hopefully Dofantasy will be indulgent as I'm sure they are not in the same class as Dofantasy's excellent contributions.
petkajira

Post by petkajira »

[quote="ustaroga"]I agree, petkajira. Being a slavegirl on another planet without hope of escape, isolated, illiterate, and a barbarian is a delicious fantasy, and one that the Gor series has developed very well, especially in the slavegirl POV books. I always enjoy more the Dofantasy comics where the slave girl is alone and friendless, such as Siberian Madhouse or Orc Counterpart World, by Templeton.
You mention space-sex-opera comics. Can you give any examples of this genre? Hopefully Dofantasy will be indulgent as I'm sure they are not in the same class as Dofantasy's excellent contributions.[/quote]

Hello,

LOL - The space sex operas I had in mind are the ones here on dofantasy. Mars Penal Colony, Galactic Havoc, Galactic Zoo, Galactic Slave Traders , etc. (Lots of Galactic-ness...).

Someone mentioned Planet Valtrom as being like a Gorean theme. Toooo delicious. I too love the Orc comics of Templeton. So incredibley evil looking, and so, so HOT. I have not looked at The Fall of Meszria, but it looks really yummy too.

The Orc scenarios are so dark and frightening...it makes you wet thinking about being shackled and taken away by such beasts - for who knows what? ;)
arrakur

Post by arrakur »

Hi petkajira.

I am not a fan of the Gor novels in particular. I´ve read the first three some years ago, knowing that the more heavy S/M content would start in the later issues, but I am almost neurotically compelled do these things in order. That is probably why I did not get hooked.
(The god-awful two Gor-movies are a guilty pleasure of mine, though).

But I have a huge fondness for BDSM-scenarios being played out in a Sci-Fi and even more so in a Sword-and-Sorcery setting. The Orc stories by Templeton are favorites of mine, too.
Sci-Fi enriches the possibilities of high-tech bondage, confinment and... t@rture devices.
Sword-and-Sorcery does the same in terms of sorcerous spells being cast upon the unfortunate girl, f.ex. making her servile and obediant against her will. The other real cool element in Sword-and-Sorcery is the political system, meaning warlords and tyrannical, sadistic kings and queens who have the power to do anything to anyone without any higher authority to restrain them.
If the king decides that the slave-girl trembling in front of his throne deserves to be skinned alive, she simply will be. If it is his fancy to have the proud, defiant, captive warrior-woman in front of his throne whipped and racked and branded and r@ped merely for sport, she will be.

Great playgrounds for the mind.