GROUP X 3 by CELESTIN & NAJ, IS HERE!

Forum and site news and announcements

Poll: Please RATE THIS COMIC and share your thoughts with us. Thanks!

5 STAR *****
57%
4 STAR ****
14%
3 STAR ***
14%
2 STAR **
No votes
1 STAR *
14%

Total votes: 7

Naj

Re: GROUP X 3 by CELESTIN & NAJ, IS HERE!

Post by Naj »

Thank you all, as always.

:22
surrenderdorathy

Post by surrenderdorathy »

Hey Naj!

How are you doing? Hope you are well.

I haven't asked you any character or lore questions in a while so here it goes.

Are we ever going to see Lady Qiao and her "Snuff Club" again? I've been thinking about it a lot and there's a lot of cool potential in revisiting that place. I often think about what Qiao is up to with her vast harem of western slaves. It got me thinking though, does she only deal in westerners or dies she work under a larger umbrella? China has beef with a lot of places and countries not just America and Europe. Are there any Indian women at the Snuff Club? What about Japanese? Westerners of minority descent? Just a fun thought I had. It would be cool to see Celestine draw other ethnicities. He just draws women so well.

Did Chyou ever get her twins?!?!?!

My next question is for the readers
What music do you imagine is playing in the club scenes of Dofantasy comics?

When Chyou first takes Hannah to the bondage club in ATOCS 1 I always hear the hive theme from Deus Ex human revolution which also happens to be a nightclub in Shanghai. :lol: Take a listen if you like.

https://youtu.be/s4_Ky7EQWlg

Can't wait to hear back from you and I hope we hear more about your next comic soon. Thank you for your time and have a good day.
Naj

Post by Naj »

I'm doing pretty well. Thank you for asking!

Are we ever going to see Lady Qiao and her Snuff Club again? Maybe! I won't tease more than that because if I do, that'll make it sound more developed than it actually is. At best it's a project that I've thought about but has kind of a big, glaring plothole that I haven't quite solved yet, some vague concepts and broad strokes of character roles, and an overarching storyline of which Lady Qiao is a minor, introductory figure, and even that is painting it as more than it actually is. It's more a Word document with a bunch of vaguely related ideas all thrown into a disorganized pile that sounds intriguing but would involve a loooooot of work to make it work. We're not even done with Group X, so it's a bit premature to start that.

As far as what and who Lady Qiao specializes in, I'll be honest in that I haven't given it that much thought. To my recall, she has a vague affiliation with Group X, akin to a corporation/franchisee relationship, but beyond that I haven't considered much. Mistress X more or less has free reign of the place because of her status, and Lady Qiao, to my recall, implies that she doesn't really call the shots (at least she doesn't have the final say). I imagine I'd intended for Group X to be like the corporate structure and Lady Qiao a local franchise owner, the difference between the McDonalds corporation and the guy who owns one or several local restaurants for instance; the local owner does have a lot of local leverage but ultimately doesn't have a lot of say in the menu.

So with that in mind, it's not implausible that Lady Qiao has a stock of more than just westerners, but, and this is largely speculation (which I remind you that I believe that, even though I am the author, unless it's written in a comic has no more validity than your own interpretation and even then, I don't believe I have absolute control), it depends quite heavily on what her clientele want and what her bosses at "corporate" want as well.

That's about the depth of the framework I'd thought about concerning Lady Qiao. She was created to be more of a setpiece than an actual character which is not to say there's no room to grow but rather that there's not as much there as you may imagine. So until that seed of an idea comes to fruition, if it ever does at all (personal interest hasn't exactly been present), you're welcome to imagine whatever you wish... bearing in mind that it is probably not going to match what I come up with if ever that day comes.

Your Lady Qiao is yours alone, and she should fit your needs and wants and as long as you can remember that mine is not yours and they don't need to match, you have my blessing to do what you wish with her. Even if my project comes to fruition in the grandest way possible, she still won't do much in it (probably), so there's plenty you can build on without losing anything.

Did Chyou get her twins? Maybe! She's a bit busy right now, but you may see her again in a minor role quite soon. Group X isn't quite done, as mentioned, and there's a lot left to the story which, fortuitously for me, turned out to be quite relevant still.
surrenderdorathy

Once again thank you for going above and beyond when it comes to indulging my curiosity. I considered these lore conversations to be more of a fun creative exercise then actual suggestions to appear in future comics. The ambiguity you left in Lady Qiao leaves a lot of room for speculation perhaps it's best we never get a more fleshed out back story of her. She may loose what makes her so special.

I must admit that at times I am guilty of letting my imagination and desires overwhelm me when it comes to your work. When ATOCS 4 was announced I had a completely different idea for how that comic would turn out and I didn't love it as much as 1-3 but once my unrealistic and unfair expectations subsided it really grew on me. It's my second favorite part just under #1. My favorite part is the club scenes when Hannah is dancing pregnant. It's a complete 180 from where she starts as a shy introvert that's afraid to talk to boys. Then she's giving 2 hand jobs and one blow job all while taking it in the ass! That's character growth even if it was unwilling growth put on her from foreign influence. :lol: Her evolution and submission just makes me so damn proud.

I've done the same with GX since #1 it's completely different from what I'd imagined it would and I'm both excited and terrified to see how the finally of this arc ends but, I trust you Naj you have a direct line to my curiosity and passion. I hope to hear more about your next comic soon. (Maybe a sneak peek?) I know it's probably a little to early for that.

Thank you for your time.
draft9

Post by draft9 »

I love Qiao! I’d love to see a prequel, about the big-titted redhead from the first comic and how she ended up disappointing Qiao!
As for the Snuff Club itself, it’s a shame you can’t show much blood in these comics but I understand the problem. I think I already ask but scars and stitched wounds are still something you can show, right?

This Deus Ex human revolution track is so appropriate!
The music in the club…it really depends. I imagine something slightly « dark/evil ». Some dark techno, but I’m not sure. At first I thought "dark psytrance" but with a slower tempo.

I’m sure we’ll see more of Chyou :)
I hope we’ll see her fighting against her slaves (like in ATOCS 3). I’m sure her skills improved since last time! I love the fact she’s technically, almost, a heroine :roll:
surrenderdorathy

Glad you're thoughts on the song are the same as mine.

I will say there are a ton of great characters on Dofantasy but Chyou is by far the most realized character. I know Naj did his homework on early Chinese history on this on. She was born at the height of China's one child policy meaning for every girl there were 10 boys. When she went to school there were probably only 12 girls and hundreds of boys. Pretty tuff adolescents as a lesbian but she was smart and knew how to use her sexuality to get men to bend to her will. Probably not to hard. It was only a matter of time before she figured her best set up for existence in this world was to aquire a sex slave. Not only for her own use to satisfy her lesbian desire but also to satisfy the advances of male sutters. It's a brilliant set up. You could sell the concept to HBO and they could make a series about it lol. She's the perfect recruit for a ring of international sex slaves and I really hope we see her again.