NEW CELESTIN'S COMIC IS HERE! GREAT STORY BY NAJ: GROUP X

Forum and site news and announcements

Poll: Please RATE THIS COMIC and share your thoughts with us. Thanks!

5 STAR *****
58%
4 STAR ****
25%
3 STAR ***
17%
2 STAR **
No votes
1 STAR *
No votes

Total votes: 12

surrenderdorathy

Re: NEW CELESTIN'S COMIC IS HERE! GREAT STORY BY NAJ: GROUP

Post by surrenderdorathy »

Eh, even without the last minute edits I doubt Bego was going to release this in early January. Kitty Hand's new comic is going to drop any day now and I'm sure another artist has a comic qued up as well.

So, Lydia and Emily have a longer winter break before school starts. Not the end of the world. I just hope Early next year means. February and not March or God forbid April.
qq2

Post by qq2 »

Hi Surrenderdorathy,

That is an excellent point. Must admit that I had totally not considered things like a publishing schedule (I blame my n00b'ness). Thanks for the heads-up, it's nice to not be stuck longing for something that isn't going to happen anyway.

On the bright side maybe this helps reduce the time between part two and three keeping an even spacing.
(and I guess this makes for excellent meditation practice)

Cheers,

QQ2
Jimmy The Wrestler

Post by Jimmy The Wrestler »

Id like to add that I am a fan of snuff myself but not the actual gore part of it. I really like what Naj said when you know that the characters are in real danger. I think the Tales of Chinese Slavery handled snuff in the best way possible with both the girl in the breast guillotine and Hannah and it was a huge turn on for me. We dont need to actually see the blood and gore and deaths and whatnot. The implication is good enough.
qq2

Post by qq2 »

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for joining the conversation and bringing your perspective.
It might well be that I am just barking up the wrong tree here.

I haven't read Chinese Slavery so I can't comment on that and it might also be that my "analyses" is simply tainted by my personal feelings.

But allow me to respond with my view.
(and just to be clear this is not an attempt to make anyone change their mind or influence the story in anyway, this is just how I look at it)

To me the biggest appeal of the story is the power exchange best exemplified in the way Mistress X gets Miss Whitcombt don the outfit: Calm, relaxed no need for physical violence. A polite knock on the window and a reference to her secretary getting it if she doesn't. This exudes power and control and for me this is a great turn on. You see a similar dynamic during the police questioning. Even though Vicky should hold all the power it's clearly the perp that holds the power. Vicky is screaming explicit threats and all he needs to do is not bite while being vaguely menacing her. Her mind does the rest.

Surely being forced to wear a latex uniform then be strung up and f@cked should put Miss Whitcombt in a position of extreme powerlessness. But that fact that Mistress X still feels she needs to make the promise of a Snuff movie seems to imply that Miss Whitcombt does in fact still have power. And by providing this threat to me it would seem to motivate Miss Whitcombt to do what ever she can to warn Vicky. She is dead after all, best she can do is save her friend and through that possibly herself.

Now this might all well be @Naj his intentions.
The difference in the way Miss Whitcomb and her secretary respond to the situation (also how they respond to being stuffed in a crate for instance) might lead to very different outcomes later in the story.
It was just jarring to me, probably magnified beyond proportion by my dislike for snuff.

That said I concede that if the threat of Snuff "makes it real" for you then thats also a more than perfect reason to include it here :-)

Cheers
Naj

Post by Naj »

Jimmy The Wrestler: "The implication is good enough."

There's a saying I recall, which I will paraphrase: To kill a character between panels is to subject them to a thousand deaths. Everyone will come up with their own worst case scenario that will be uniquely suited to themselves for better and for worse. Like Room 101 in Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Three, what happens in the gutter (that margin between panels) will be your worst nightmare.

;)

qq2: "It might well be that I am just barking up the wrong tree here."

In all fairness, I wanted to be quite upfront with readers about my stylistic directives in the first comic with the breast guillotine and further cemented by Dumpster Diver and ATOCS4, so I'm not being cagey about characters being in danger. I won't say more, partially in the interests of NOT starting attempts of reading-between-the-lines as to my intent and to reduce the likelihood of spoilers.

But I think asking in advance of purchase is a reasonable action given your predilections. Nobody wants a boner-killer.

For trivia's sake, in earlier drafts of the inking process, Celestin had Mistress X banging on the car door to get Emily to open. I made a suggestion for her to lightly tap on the glass instead which is what ended up in the final comic.

All I can do is present a story and hope that it's good and that people like it. :22

I'm a bit nervous about GX2 since it whipsaws a lot of plot points and feels a bit dilute on fetish focus. There's a high drama point about 2/3rds of the way through, and I just hope it comes across as I intended. But all I can do is put it out there and see what people think. There's just so much I needed to cram into a small amount of space. (shrugs)

I submitted GX3 to Bego and Celestin about a month ago, and I'm currently working on GX4 which *should* be the final chapter in this particular story. So many ideas, so few pages. Ay yi yi.
qq2

Post by qq2 »

I love that what I liked in the tap scene was something you explicitly put there for that very reason. :234

As for the whipsawing, given the source material I don't think you could do without. however given how deftly you handled the material for this chapter I'm really looking forward to it. afterall it's that psychological aspect that gives this story it's strong flavor, and that needs "drama" outside just fetish.

(Doesn't mean that I am not also pining for the fetish scene's)

Have you received any news as to when part two will potentially be published?

Cheers
Naj

Post by Naj »

No clue.

There IS a preview in the POLLS subforum if you want to take a peek! ;)
qq2

Post by qq2 »

I had totally missed that, thnx!