BREAKING NEWS! TOURIST TRAP by FERNANDO is here!

Forum and site news and announcements

Poll: Please RATE THIS COMIC and share your thoughts with us. Thanks!

5 STAR *****
54%
4 STAR ****
15%
3 STAR ***
12%
2 STAR **
8%
1 STAR *
12%

Total votes: 26

immortalangel

Re: BREAKING NEWS! TOURIST TRAP by FERNANDO is here!

Post by immortalangel »

Is there a way to contact fernando directly?

? ?email?
Rud3b0y

Post by Rud3b0y »

[quote="hansmoleman"]

Thanks for the analysis Ru3boy, I probably won't be picking this up as lack of gags is a real dealbreaker for me.

It's too bad really, it seems like evyerone is really enjoying this latest comic, but recently despite his improvements its like there always that 1 or 2 things missing that prevent his comics from going over the top like they used to. His older comics had everything: drawings, settings, bondage, gags, gangbangs etc etc.

From what everyone is saying here this new setting and artstyle would have really rounded out a near perfect comic for us if it weren't for the lack of gags.

Oh well! Next time.[/quote]

I still think it is worth buying, just for the art, the character models, and the set up of the scenario alone. Yes there is a lack of gags, but the one instance it's there is still great. We all have our particular favourite fetishes. Hell there are some readers who are annoyed that there is a lack of piercings (Which Fernando used to cater for). I do agree that the lack of gags does just make it miss out on being a classic, but I feel most artists find it hard to cater to all the fans likes, so a few of us feel left out occasionally. Maybe Fernando needs to work with Merrick more, if you want more gags, more the surprising amount of anal is a welcome touch ;-)
magizi00

Post by magizi00 »

As a fan of gangbangs and the role-playing r@ape, this comic was kinda lacking IMO.

There was no double penetration or above. I find hard to believe the situation of 2 ladies, being f@cked by only one man at a time, while dozens upon dozens of other men are patiently waiting for their turn around her. You know, if a man is willing to r@ape a woman, he just wouldn't be patient.

I would have preferred if the story only focused on the two initial women, without branching out the story to include a larger cast. Because this whole thing felt like a setup to build a larger story, but the rate at which Fernando can produce a new comic is too slow, considering he also has other stories to continue. So it could be a really long time before we can see what happens to this story and see the sex escalate to harder and rougher levels. DP, DAP, etc.

I didn't like that second half where the two sex scenes both take place in a dark area.
Which was represented by the scenes appearing blue'ish. That was not a good idea IMO.

Also, because it has three sex scenes, there is too much build up. The comic lacks focus, it just didn't climax for me.

That being said I enjoyed the art. Still, love Fernando's work and can't wait for the next one. I'm not hating, I hope he listens to feedback and takes it into consideration.
Freaky

Post by Freaky »

[quote="magizi00"]

I would have preferred if the story only focused on the two initial women, without branching out the story to include a larger cast. Because this whole thing felt like a setup to build a larger story, but the rate at which Fernando can produce a new comic is too slow, considering he also has other stories to continue. So it could be a really long time before we can see what happens to this story and see the sex escalate to harder and rougher levels. DP, DAP, etc.
[/quote]

I think every new start of a Fernando series, except Dark Vengeance and Total Control, had a 2nd Part right after Part 1. So the chances that Fernando is already working on Tourist Trap Part 2 are pretty good.
immortalangel

Post by immortalangel »

much in the same way that total control had a few "hollywood" inspired cameos...

it would be neat to see some "western models in the tokyo fashion scene" inspired cameos... in Tourist Trap 2 ;)

i have a list of faves... :geek: :mrgreen:
GernBlanston

Post by GernBlanston »

I really dug this one: I appreciated the change in color scheme, even in the "UV" lit scene at the end. I like them taking chances like that, and i also got off on the raver/glam style to the costumes. Rather than be perturbed by the lack of gags, I though it was great the way the mouth was used to convey expression, or as a node to inflict pain or control. Really expressive and creative uses for the mouth in these panels.

I think Fernando and the colorist both are moving forward, trying new stuff. There's various points in his work if you look back where you can see things have evolved. Some of those creative explorations get dropped in favor of new stuff, but every book has at least one experimental approach in it, at least recently.
ponygirlrider3

Post by ponygirlrider3 »

i would have prefered Sex Wars 4