BREAKING NEWS!!! BLACK VAN 5 POSTED!!!!

Forum and site news and announcements
Bego

BREAKING NEWS!!! BLACK VAN 5 POSTED!!!!

Post by Bego »

:22 :22 :22

THE LEGENDARY MASTER, GARY ROBERTS, RETURNS WITH THE DARKEST, MOST DEPRAVED, MOST DISGUSTING WORK EVER WITNESSED ON THE WEB: THE BLACK VAN SERIES!

WHEREVER THE BLACK VAN GOES, IT LEAVES A TRAIL OF BROKEN, BEATEN, AND f@cked OVER FEMALE BODIES IN ITS WAKE! WHO WILL BE ITS LATEST VICTIMS?

You can find this fantastic comic at:
http://www.dofantasy.com/english/USAFC397BV5.htm

ROBERTS NEVER FAILS TO DISAPPOINT WITH HIS TIGHT AND CURVY FEMALE BODIES AND VIOLENT, SADISTIC, PERVERTED MASTERS! “BLACK VAN” IS A SERIES ONLY HINTED AT IN WHISPERS AND SHIVERS, AND NOW IT RETURNS WITH ITS CRAZIEST AND MOST SHOCKING EPISODE TO DATE! THE LATEST AND HOTTEST ROBERTS NON STOP ACTION, BROUGHT TO YOU HERE EXCLUSIVELY AT DOFANTASY.COM!!!!
Jimmy The Wrestler

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! BLACK VAN 5 POSTED!!!!

Post by Jimmy The Wrestler »

I have been waiting for this day for so long. Its finally happened :D
fernandofan

Post by fernandofan »

Yeah, it's hot stuff! Still, things have kinda cooled off at Roberts-comics.com. Thinking about posting more pool party pics? Looking for some good 'ol wholesome family fun! :44
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

Yes, the party has only just begun..
colacao

Post by colacao »

Fantastic, very good comic, exciting, any positive adjective is little to BV5.
Do not take too long to continue the party at the pool and other situations you can think .................... :22
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

I am in the process of examining this observation.
Because you are completely right. There IS a difference in my drawing over the past few years..it has changed. It has been mentioned before, and at first i really did not pay a lot of attention to it. Of course an artist will change with time, it is inevitable that style develops and new things are tried out. But as I heard of this observation more, I decided to try and analyze what's going on. Because yes, I can see it myself, my drawing is different from what it used to be. And I do not yet know what I specifically did to reach this current style..it was certainly accidental.
I can tell you, 2 years ago I went 100% digital with the entire drawing and painting process. I used to draw on paper, pencil first, then pen line art, then scan it. Then it went to Photoshop to be painted in computer. But now, I have a Wacom Cintiq tablet/monitor, so from the first sketch the drawing is completely digital, drawn on the screen with electronic pen and refined until it is clean enough for painting. Now it is possible that the completely different physical FEEL of the Cintiq screen has much to do with the changes in forms and shapes..the Cintiq screen is slick as glass, and offers NO drag as a pencil on paper would, so you really get no feedback from the drawing surface. Many Cintiq artists actually complain about this and don't like it. There are used Cintiq tablets all over Ebay from guys who just cannot adapt to it.
I have obviously adapted to it..but it may have altered my hand movement and the flow of my lines. I am looking into this seriously. There is a company making Cintiq screen cover films which DO have texture to replicate a paper feel, and I may try one.
fernandofan

Post by fernandofan »

I love hearing about your artistic process. I'm still in the paper-and-pencil era when it comes to sketching, and I can only begin to imagine the learning curve when switching to a digital tablet. As a devoted and longtime fan, I too have watched your development as an artist and how your style (to my eye) has changed from a much more realistic style to a more cartoon - like style, with rounder, larger and firmer breasts and fuller lips (in both locales). I enjoy both styles, as your earliest works had a more gritty, photo - realistic style that made you feel like you were really witness to a true crime of passion and reckless immortality; whereas your later works tapped more into the idea of bdsm artwork as a fantasy outlet, but more removed from the voyeuristic and conspiratorial feel of your earliest work. Both styles tap into the same depraved place for me, but just in slightly different ways.

In any case, we all love your work and your willingness to push the envelope. I have definitely seen your effort to keep things fresh---especially with Taken, which employed a style much akin with some of your earlier work, but with hallmarks of your current style.

Thanks for sharing and for always being open and honest with your fans.
Ferres

Post by Ferres »

Stock up on nibs. They wear out faster with those new screen covers. There are also alternative nibs that add friction for smooth surfaces but they also wear out quickly.

A quick option is to take some sturdy clear plastic sheet and spray it with clear fixative and use it as a surface. You'll have to keep reapplying the fixative thought but mostly on a smaller spot since most of your work is probably done at a small patch at the center.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

I'm going to have to experiment a bit and see if this is really the cause..I have gone a bit more, mmm..."Cartoonish" lately..and I'm not really sure how that happened.

Fernandofan...thanks for the high praise. It is greatly appreciated. I'm sure "Taken" kind of holds that original feel for a couple of reasons, not the least being my model/girlfriend/slavegirl Brenda is the model for that girl. She gives me the poses I need to portray and it's her shape in that comic all the way. It's a nice way to work..
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Not a remotely technical remark but I have always admired how good the hips and asses look in Roberts comics.
Including in Black Van 5. :22