Ted Owen

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
Nuria

Re: Ted Owen

Post by Nuria »

markdult wrote:Hello,

when can we expect continuation of The Basement? Is it in the works?
So far we have almost half comic here. Ted is a very meticulous artist always looking for the best technique and progresses slowly. I can not guarantee it's the second part of the first comic, thought. We have the pieces but they need to be tied together and Ted has not tied them yet...
Rapeape

Post by Rapeape »

How is the new Ted Owen comic coming along?
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

So I guess dumping my captive space slavegirls into huge tubs of slimey space worms isn't gonna light yer fire eh?
ooragoth

Post by ooragoth »

ROBERTS wrote:So I guess dumping my captive space slavegirls into huge tubs of slimey space worms isn't gonna light yer fire eh?
It depends on the size and shape I think. After all hentai uses "worms" all the time lol
"You can call a turd a sandwich but it still tastes like shit"-Caine
cigar4411

Post by cigar4411 »

Any update?
Rapeape

Post by Rapeape »

ROBERTS wrote:So I guess dumping my captive space slavegirls into huge tubs of slimey space worms isn't gonna light yer fire eh?
actually it's not the worms or the bugs that "light my fire ;-)", those do not interest, nor disgust me. It's the way he draws the girls, so innocent, so miserable, so sad and so inable to understand their captors motive. It's like they were ripped out of a beautiful fairy tale to serve a disgusting, brutal beast of a different species, except that it is the same one, which makes it a huge turn-on for me.

The only thing I don't like is the imminent threat of death during some of his t@rture. I like the girl to be roughed up and t@rtured until her character breaks and even after that, but mutilation or only a hint of the girl being killed at the end (instead of simply selling her or better: keeping her), even if the comic doesn't show it, makes me lose wood. That's one of the reasons why I can't enjoy slashers "missing sorority sisters".
ernestgreene

Post by ernestgreene »

I'm with Rapeape on all counts here.

It's no secret I have zero interest in creepy crawly things, which are the opposite of sexual to my way of thinking.

I love the way Owen draws girls. He captures a poignant innocence in them that makes it impossible not to care what happens to them.

And any allusion to mutilation or death just takes me to a world I don't care to visit. I wish a few of the artists particularly given to making such threats in the dialog just lighten up on that. If I want to be depressed instead of excited, there's always the evening news.
Rapeape

Post by Rapeape »

ernestgreene wrote:I'm with Rapeape on all counts here.

It's no secret I have zero interest in creepy crawly things, which are the opposite of sexual to my way of thinking.

I love the way Owen draws girls. He captures a poignant innocence in them that makes it impossible not to care what happens to them.

And any allusion to mutilation or death just takes me to a world I don't care to visit. I wish a few of the artists particularly given to making such threats in the dialog just lighten up on that. If I want to be depressed instead of excited, there's always the evening news.
Hey Ernest, how are things?

I think the only difference between the two of us (as far as I am able to tell after your many posts in the last year) is the fact that you like your aggressors to be normal-good looking and I want them to be as disgusting as possible (but very manly/beastlike at the same time).
The weird thing is the points you made before about why you like them normal in appearance make perfect sense to me. In fact I often ask myself the question why it is easier for me to identify with the appalling type, since I myself am young and athletic. Maybe the reason is a poor selfimage, or maybe I am simply reading too much into a personal preference.

The important part is that we generally tend to agree on the most important aspect: the girls ;-)

Btw: I just saw an interview with you and your wife (or girlfriend) a few months ago on youtube. You are an amazing couple with an interesting backstories.
I also looked at an interview she gave on the young turks networks "the point", and I watched some of the "Tuesdays with Nina" on the Eden Fantasies.
All of these videos along with many other developments in my life helped to give me the power to finally get out of a church I didn't believe in for many years but whose unrealistic moral ideologies still held parts of my sex life captive for a long time. I started to educate myself on bdsm centres close to my home and am currently putting together a list of books on the topic (I will also order Ninas book). I finally want to go further than the little spankings I like to share so much and sometimes felt bad about afterwards (although all of them were consensual).

I am setting myself free, leaving my beasts from the leash to roam in the knowledge that I trained them well enough to whistle them back as soon as any situation demands it.

Thanks to both of you for unknowingly taking part in giving me the tools to do all this. Greetings to Nina.
Ferres

Post by Ferres »

"Maybe the reason is a poor selfimage, or maybe I am simply reading too much into a personal preference.
"
Or maybe you just prefer the antagonist in a more metaphorical form. Making the term 'monster' more applicable to them in both action and shape. Giving distance to the real world monsters who look all too normal.
Rapeape

Post by Rapeape »

Ferres wrote:"Maybe the reason is a poor selfimage, or maybe I am simply reading too much into a personal preference.
"
Or maybe you just prefer the antagonist in a more metaphorical form. Making the term 'monster' more applicable to them in both action and shape. Giving distance to the real world monsters who look all too normal.
Hmmm interesting perspective, I like that interpretation and shall reflect on it a bit further. Thanks for the food for thought!