Gary Roberts

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
Marlene38EE

Re: Gary Roberts

Post by Marlene38EE »

ROBERTS wrote:If you have created some super efficient powerplant which promises to change the status quo radically in favor of the public, and possibly take billions in excessive profit away from the established energy moguls, let's examine what you can expect the reaction of Government and Industry to be:

1). Ignore you and hope you'll go away with no investors furthering your cause.

2). Approach you with a handsome offer-with transfer of all patents and full rights of course to some massive corporation.

3). Deliver an ultimatum.

4). Make you go away. Forever.

NO worries. We agree there is cause for concern, but we've studied and learned from those who've gone before us, historically.
Already looked into what's needed to go shark-swimming and live. :D
We don't wear rose-colored glasses and are not unrealistic idealists...we know very well how treacherous and dangerous these monsters can be. History has shown that VERY clearly!!

It's Open-Sourced already, Public Domain and has been since last Christmas. We've been taking enormous pressure from some very interesting places and people about reversing the Open-Source License, but that is not going to happen.
We're looking at working WITH the big boys here in Canada, Alberta, like the government both Provincial and Federal and can set up our own powerplant under Alberta's Laws and Guidelines...as Alberta is literally starving for power, we will be rather welcome.
...anyone can and many folks are setting up micro-generation in their homes and selling power to the grid here.
At over 1 Megawatt input to the grid, you get paid as per any other Supplier, and not in 'credits'.
The only reason we don't use the system powering our home as a 'showcase' model is to preserve our home-life, and that's more important to us than most anything else, and not to be sacrificed no matter how good the cause.
It's already out there, genie's out of the bottle and there's nothing they can do to put it back in, which is one of the Pragmatic reasons we open-sourced it, the other main reason was so that anyone and everyone would have equal access to it across the globe.
Level field.

They can freely ignore us, no problem there.

We won't sell out, because we've discussed it, and have more interest in genuine security (food/housing/power/water) rather than colorful toilet paper backed by popularity-contest market fluctuations and mechanics. Money doesn't mean as much to us as it does to many others because we have very wealthy friends, and have seen and listened to their hassles.
Golden Cage.
NO thanks.
Money's not 'evil', but with massive wealth, you have to be prepared to give up some things in life...things we don't want to lose. Honestly, we're afraid that if we allow ourselves to get greedy, we'll end up divorced and such. We'd rather have each other rather than wealth. We're all each other has, not including the Fillies, for Family. NO relatives alive on either side, so we're 'it' for each other, Husband and I.
To be blunt, the most we'll be taking as personal income from the company no matter how big it hopefully gets is whatever we need to stay 'comfortable' and as things are gonna change a lot with currency values over time, it's tough to state a specific dollar value right now, but lets call it $150,000 worth of Buying-Power/Year.
The rest, gets re-invested into the company, and we're discussing scholarships and 'scouting' for those specifically bright minds that deserve a chance to have a really good future, but might need some help with school funding.

Ultimatums.
I will not state why, how, or the mechanics, but that would be a very unwise approach for anyone or any entity to try with us. Suffice to say we'd let the sharks eat other and swim away.
Big corporations have some extreme vulnerabilities, study one sometime, and you'll see it for yourself. ;)
The bigger they are, the more that vulnerability hurts them if exploited.

Make us 'disappear'.
That's actually the worst thing they could do to themselves. There's a few systems John rigged out there and if I don't send a log-in X many times every 24 Hrs, in a specific sequence, and each with a different passcode...EVERYTHING in the development files gets broadcast across the internet to every news outlet/service there is, and that includes ones like Popular Science, Scientific American, and all the rest of the technophile sites/magazines. ALL of it each with a statement of Open-Source License.
There's 10,000 carefully selected and 'relevant' recipients and fax numbers in the 'launcher' of each one, it took me a month straight to get them all set up.
I can't supply the passcodes under t@rture even, because here's a NON-functional example of one:
A0Ih*8t4?q2%f?5&s3mJ%lG#4(0j@_d.U^

The real ones are at least twice as long...good luck to anyone remembering even the 'simple' one above with dedicated effort, and I don't make any effort to memorize them.
Finding them? I don't know where they are, neither does Husband. John passed away last week and took that info with him.

I know it seems like we're paranoid.
The reason we're so well-prepared is because we are both very aware of how 'annoyed' certain powerful entities will be with us and what has happened to other folks in history--we've studied those cases, and learned from them and the mistakes made by the folks involved.
The key is to work 'with' the big boys, be valuable to them.
Also, we're offering them a 'snack' to make sure they know it's best to keep us friendly towards them.
Example:
Oil Companies.
Always want $$.
Recycling plastics...
Use our system to set up and fully power a plastics recycling refinery/processing plant.
They build it big enough, the powerplant that is, they can then sell excess power for profit, and make good money off the recycled plastics as the energy-cost of recycling them has been eliminated. They also get to look like heroes of the modern age in the media also. Thing is, it supplies $$ virtually forever as plastics owing to the molecular structure can be recycled almost endlessly and research is always ongoing to make recycled materials as good as 'virgin' materials.
NO fuel costs, continuous energy-sales revenue, NO waste-handling costs, NO energy cost overhead on recycling, and profits of recycled plastic that they can sell for low prices, and that encourages more and more of industry to use that plastic, and thus the sales grow and they make even MORE $$.
...and positive media image on top of it all.
How much $$ would that be over 5 years?? It's also almost 100% pure Profit given the removal of overhead costs.
We're giving them that idea for Free--no strings attached.
...because what are they gonna do when the oil runs out???

We're actually trying to give them NEW additional revenue streams, not take away from them. We want to try to make the world a better place for ALL of us, and that includes the big energy companies and such too.
There's NOTHING that says clean sustainability and profitability are mutually exclusive. :D :22

Now if they want to kill us because we're trying to give them wealth...then in a case like that, fine, as in a case like that the world is too insane for us to remain living in anyways.
~Marlene~
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

If I had a dedicated group like you guys, I could change the history of this entire planet. I admire your courage.
No, you're certainly not paranoid...many other inventors and engineers have met with untimely ends or simply disappeared when their advanced energy discoveries threatened the profit structure of the entrenched status quo. I would very much like to follow your progress, if you would allow to keep me in the loop..
flash22gord

Post by flash22gord »

Hello Gary, I love you style of bdsm art. Do you, or do you know of anyone who does commission work, I would particlurlay love to see larger plumper very curvy women in peril and subbing to other women or lesbians.
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

I'm backed up miles on commissions I already owe, and I'm not accepting any new ideas until these are completed. But ask around, someone might have time.
Marlene38EE

Post by Marlene38EE »

ROBERTS wrote:If I had a dedicated group like you guys, I could change the history of this entire planet. I admire your courage.
No, you're certainly not paranoid...many other inventors and engineers have met with untimely ends or simply disappeared when their advanced energy discoveries threatened the profit structure of the entrenched status quo. I would very much like to follow your progress, if you would allow to keep me in the loop..
Thank-You for saying Mr. Roberts! :)
That's a REALLY nice compliment, and is very much appreciated!! We don't get many on our work, and coming from an Artist we like and admire...
More than a bit of a 'rush' actually!
Well, 'Thank-You' doesn't seem a sufficient thing to say in return for it. :)

Sorry for the late reply, we had a death in our odd little 'family', and we're still getting our 'balance' back. John, Husband's best friend since they were 5 yrs old finally lost his long-standing war vs. a combination of serious health issues.

I hope that the next I hear from you will contain news that your move went as well as a move possibly can!! :22
And Happy Housewarming!! :22

We would be very happy and pleased to keep you 'in the loop' as it were!! Thank-You very much for your interest in our endeavour!
We might not pull it off, but we're sure gonna give it our level best efforts.
We don't discourage easily, nor do we stay such for long.

As you point out, more than a few bright minds met with 'dark' ends and such. That's why we set up the protections we did. We know how big the sharks are, how ruthless and how sharp their teeth are--we have NO room for half-measures or 'polly-anna-ism' in outlook or perspective.
Not if we want to succeed and stay alive.

But, there's this...$$$
The Powers make much more with us alive than if they kill us. How much $$ is there in allowing US/Canadian made goods to be Aggressively Competitive on the international market?? Inexpensive electrical power feeding factories, lower the overhead, and more Competitive. Lower it by a lot, and...
It's enough to make China worry. :D

Example;
Here our steel mills have a RealTime market watch on power prices, and when it gets too expensive, they shut down because it's not cost effective to stay operating. Turns out, that's a common problem in North America, and it also happens in other industries also.
Now, if they were paying, say, NOTHING for their power as they had their own system on-site (right now they're all looking at building on-site coal or gas fired generating plants to shoulder 50% of their power needs) and had enough excess capacity to sell on the market...
That's a LOT of money for those who buy and sell steel to make as the price would be a LOT lower for both Virgin and recycled steels. Then there's international sales, and all kinds of trickle-down benefits wherever steels is used to build things.

We're looking into Desalinization as well, with the way 'fracking' is wrecking aquifers...folks are gonna need it.
Folks can live without power. Life without water isn't possible.
There's some technical hurdles for absolutely Zero or Minimal eco-impact regarding seawater intake we need to figure out, but the small test model in our back yard did very well, especially as the test water was unfiltered rainwater from our roof gutters with enough salt to make it 1.5 X as saline as seawater.
When the tech is ready, we'll be Open-Sourcing it--far too many people have hard-ons and dark dreams about using water as a 'weapon' to coerce people and we do not go with that. Thus, we're going to rip the carpet out from under their feet on that point.

The power that control like that over water gives is too corruptive, and even the best governments cannot be trusted with such power--thus, Open-Source, Public Domain. Level playing field with NO 'weaponization' of such a basic and critical element of life.
That's a mix of Idealism and Pragmatism, also compassion for Humanity.
We want to help the world, help Humanity, make things better for folks, and we're more than willing to sacrifice potential fortunes on that committment.
Not a complete sacrifice really--doing so, helps us remain 'ourselves', y'know??
~Marlene~
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

The gags thing...it's just what i see as being sexy and exciting, that's it. that's what I like. I don't do much in really stretching girl's faces too far out of shape...
As for reading what's going on in the girl's head through her ordeals...I'm having a good time with this one, and you should expect to see this appear in the near future.
Marlene38EE

Post by Marlene38EE »

ROBERTS wrote:The gags thing...it's just what i see as being sexy and exciting, that's it. that's what I like. I don't do much in really stretching girl's faces too far out of shape...
As for reading what's going on in the girl's head through her ordeals...I'm having a good time with this one, and you should expect to see this appear in the near future.
FINALLY got around to reading Dragonsabre!!
I'm totally blown away by how you Artists manage to keep all the details in the panels straight and clean and such...
Like all the 'pincer tentacles' on the 'arachnoid' bots when the first girls were taken, I spent ten minutes looking over that nest of tentacles, examining the detail and how you kept the orientation, and so many other little details so well done!!
I also noticed a return of some smaller bot designs in the lab later on, the smaller 'servitor' drones that we saw long ago in that 'XXX Spacegirls' art collection you did.
I still love that one--but I'm a sci-fi junkie, so yeah, big surprise. LOL
I really liked the penis-prod-ball gags the bots can deploy with the self-locking retention strap-cable thing.
I know I'm only mentioning a few details, but in entioning those, you can easily see how totally blown-away I am by all of the work in it??

It's also fired up my Muse also, like a 'jump-start', and for that:
!!(((HUG)))!!
I have my own ideas, of course, but it's nice to have the Creativity Engine running again!!

All of us here at Casa de Chaose hope your move went well, and that settling-in is going as well as it possibly can!! :22
~Marlene~
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

And that gives me great joy..to know it's actually noticed. I thank you.
You can imagine how much fun it is to imagine all of these fiendish devices and work out in detail just how they function, and how to depict that in 2 dimensional drawings. Why, there are days I can hardly contain my excitement. Well ok, I DON'T contain my excitement. I let my excitement run amok. Poor Brenda.
Marlene38EE

Post by Marlene38EE »

ROBERTS wrote:And that gives me great joy..to know it's actually noticed. I thank you.
You can imagine how much fun it is to imagine all of these fiendish devices and work out in detail just how they function, and how to depict that in 2 dimensional drawings. Why, there are days I can hardly contain my excitement. Well ok, I DON'T contain my excitement. I let my excitement run amok. Poor Brenda.
Yeah, poor Brenda, and poor me...having Creative Men in our lives....such a hardship. LOL
I doubt she'd trade you in any quicker than I would Husband!!
Okay, I'll admit (and i sense brenda might back me on this) there are days when it's 'Oh hell...what now?!', followed by 'product-testing'.
But I'd never trade that for anything...the apprehension-anticipation mix blended with arousal at the 'unknown-but suspected'...
I suspect she counts herself as fortunate as I do myself!! :22

Now, the Art...
You're, of course, very welcome!!! Thank-You again for inviting us into your world!!
It's gonna take me forever to get through Dragonsabre, I keep getting lost in the details--that Is NOT A Complaint!! I assure you very sincerely that is not a complaint!! :D
The tech, facial expressions, the wordshapes in dialogue...all of it. :)

You know the ends on the retention cables-straps on the tentacle gags?
Husband took one look, and began jotting some design notes...
Ever handle those chrome plated neodymium magnets with 300 Gauss ratings? NEVER stick your hand into a bag of them and stir them--the warnings about crushing fingers isn't a joke, trust me.
4 stacked per cable end, and he has some old cables with ends that'll work perfectly. Not really a problem to disconnect--if you're not the one wearing it...but more than powerful enough to keep a gag in-place despite even the most violent struggles. :D
And, as per your Art, nicely different and 'cleaner' in aesthetic versus traditional buckles. Quicker to get done up, also, obviously.
Art Inspires. :22
He lists works inspired from Art in his design journal by Artist, the specific work, if known, and purpose/function.
No, he doesn't sell any of his works, legal concerns for one if some fool decides to ignore the instructions and he also feels that in cases where the design was inspired off Art, selling something like that would be ripping off the Artist.

In my own way I can relate to the fun of conceiving the tech ideas and such, I do work with hubby a great deal in things relating to tech, so I DO get it, yes!! :)
I'm very much the same way with my writing--I cannot just say 'FTL works, and goes this fast'...I need to climb under the hood, and know how and why it works, all the details. Husband helps me a lot with that as the physics on a hypothetical level go way over my head half the time, but I manage some pretty neat things on my own. ;)

One day, ask me how I made the Xenomorphs from the ALIEN franchise Evolutionarily and Ecologically valid--and a lot scarier in doing so...and dropped them on a Medieval level world. I owe much of the inspiration for that to an Artist named Sharue. Got rid of the whole chestbursting thing.

You have a wonderfully devious Creativity for tech and toys, I recall in one story, there was a condom, of sorts, with an electrically conductive ring that definitely got the slavegirl's full attention!!
Simple, but so...Complete of an idea and concept, devious and effective, but again, elegantly simple. NOT an easy combination to work within!!.
But I do love your bots and machines!! Always will!!
The way you do 'chrome-shiny metal' also...I know there isn't any actually there, but you do it so well the brain 'sees' it and slips it into perception pretty much real-time--I checked with some friends of mine, and they all got the same impression. I've only ever had that happen with the works of one other artist!

Once again, TY for letting us into your world !! :22
~Marlene~
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

I'm a completely devoted fan to the great "photo-realist" pin up illustrators..Hajime Sorayama being among my gods..his exact duplication of metal, using pencils, pens, brushes, and hardly any airbrush if at all, is mind bending. Luis Royo is another..I study what other more accomplished artists do and try to learn from them. A true Artist is never done..you learn new things every day. My styles and techniques will evolve continually until the day I draw no more.